Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the Vacationer Challenge! ‌☀️‌

Michal_Gebacki
Community Team
Community Team

Welcome back, people of the Dynatrace Community! :dynatrace:

The "Vacationer" challengeThe "Vacationer" challengeIn many parts of the world, we're in the second half of summer. Many of you have just returned from holidays, the others are just ahead of the resting time, while some aren't planning summer break in the regular form at all. We would simply love to know what are you keen on doing and what activities let you rest peacefully and how Dynatrace is assisting you in the holidays time ☀️ 

Let us know in the comments below in any form you prefer. Share some pictures, write a short story... The form is flexible! Don't forget every participant receives 100 bonus points and a unique "Vacationer" badge to keep the summer mood as long as possible 🌅 

That's not all! Bring to the table one product idea that you would like to see updated/commented by our Product Managers. We promise to get the update for you! And now... Let's start the challenge!

40 REPLIES 40

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

How Dynatrace assists me during summer vacations?

Does it count?

Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 13.39.04.png

It is not summer in Brazil, nor vacation time to me, but this is how looks like when is my turn.

The idea, I have just created a new one, and would love to get a feedback update for it: Custom Event for Alerting in Settings 2.0 

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

andre_f
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

I think protection from the sun is definitely a very good help that Dynatrace offers 🤠😎😉

That's how I imagine a perfect mixture of holidays with Dynatrace as the background character 😉

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Still didn't go on vacations.

I believe the Dynatrace mobile app is one my favorites in any occasion. I know Davis keeps working hard to keep alerts under control. And I know that if Davis interrupts me, it might be really important.

There is one case though when this does not happen. If you read the Product Idea below, you will get the idea. And it happened to me last Monday once again, with a holiday here in Portugal: https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Dynatrace-product-ideas/RFE-AI-should-know-about-holidays/idi-p/1...

Antonio Sousa

Perfectly described advantages of Davis! By the way, September is sometimes a way more convenient option for vacations 😎 

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Thanks for this Michal. Thanks to Dynatrace I have won 1st prize in Value story event in a yearly APAC meetup. The money did help me to spent my vacation in Singapore and Malaysia😅.

I love to travel and visit attractions of different places. I even won a North face duffle bag which I had carried to my trip.

Screenshot 2022-08-18 102629.jpg

KG

andre_f
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Very nice 🙂... Maybe I should also think about investing the price for Value Stories in a vacation 👍.

Karolina_Linda
Community Team
Community Team

I would lie if I said I can rest peacefully with my kids 😂 But the truth is we always spend summer vacations in an active way and organize trips on our own 🙂

This year, we decided to explore the region of Lower Silesia, Poland 🇵🇱 It's really beautiful, with numerous castles everywhere. We also did some mountain trips 

Książ castleKsiąż castle Mountain shelterMountain shelter :)🙂

Keep calm and build Community!

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

This year I've spent my vacations in the Masuria region in North Eastern Poland - which is one of the 28 Wonders of Nature and the Land of a Thousand Lakes (actually there are 2600 of them). That was quite spontaneous this year and not obvious to my family as we usually spend vacations on the seacoast. And this year I've left Dynatrace totally alone, cut-off - so I can relax. Well.. almost... still had Dynatrace in my "back-end storage":

2A49101B-0968-4E0B-B1BB-CFCFE474ABE2_1_105_c.jpeg

What I did do there? I fed tropical parrots 😂 No, they don't live there in nature 😃.  

22D7727E-B82B-4BEB-AEC1-B88E4A91E811_1_105_c.jpeg

Hope you had great summertime as well! Looking forward to your product ideas' update requests. I'll help as much as I can!

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

kurt_aigner
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

I'm usually pretty good at cutting off the lines of communication to work during vacation, although I have to admit that there are some planned exceptions 😉
The most challenging part during vacation as a father of two kids is to find some private time....
But this year I tried something new. It took me a while to find a method how to get my kids "grounded", but actually it's really simple:
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-15 at 10.24.53.jpeg

😎

Director of Product Management @ Dynatrace
That means I'm better at delegation than doing actual work!

Win-win situation - kids can't look happier 🤠

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

I had a chance for a two weeks break. 🙂 It was very active. Many things played a role in it: water, chocolate, nature, art, history, dynatrace.

Water - On the first week we had a 3 days canoe trip on a special river section of Danube called Szigetköz. It was beautiful again.😎

Chocolate - On the next week we have visited my cousine in Austria (in Styria) and had a chocolote factory visit (Zotter). yum, yum...😁

Nature - On the way back to Vienna we had a short trip to the Grundlesee and Toplitzsee. The landscape was amazing.🏞

Art, history - In Vienna of course we spent as many time we could in museums and on exhibitions.🖼

Dynatrace - As a Dynatrace fan I planned to visit the DT offices in Austria. 😉 Unfortunately I did not have enough time to check all DT offices in Austira especially in Linz, Graz so finally I visited only the Vienna office.😍 

Danube canoe tripDanube canoe tripZotter chocolate factory tasteZotter chocolate factory tasteToplitzsee lakeToplitzsee lakeJudith, my shadow and meJudith, my shadow and meDT office building in ViennaDT office building in Vienna

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

Wow, thank you Mizső for your fantastic answer, it truly inspires me to think about some more activities before the summer's end! That canoeing scenery looks especially stunning 🌞

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Being a Swede but living half of my life in The Netherlands I still have a lot of my family in Sweden.

due to COVID it’s been difficult to see them last couple of years, but this year I did a workation, 4 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of remote work.

We did a lot of dinners and such, but one interesting thing we did was to go to a museum in Stockholm called Paradox.

It was a great place for pictures, here is a fun one with my son and nephew.

mike_l.jpeg

Mike

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Since we just moved into our new home and have a newborn, we decided to have a "StayCation". We celebrated Sophie's Baptism with Family Members from New York and Slovakia. 

4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

-Chad

It's so adorable I can't pick the most favorite picture, StayCation concept rocks! 👶

theharithsa
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

I took a vacation last month and here is what I have been upto in my vacation. 
This is one of beautiful places I have seen. It is a part of western ghats and the mountain is called Velliangiri. At the foot hills there is an amazing yoga centre. It is Isha Yoga Center. 

Love more, hate less; Technology for all, together we grow.

Your travel pictures Vishruth always deliver a fantastic atmosphere and melancholic mood, love them!

Malaik
Champion

Hi Community,

My vacation was cut short in the middle due to a new Dynatrace project starting up (Here's how Dynatrace helps me on vacation 🤣🤣🤣).

but I would like to share with you my favorite beach (Tarfaya Beach in north of Africa) where I spend almost every morning in good company: Oussama Lours and Sofiane el machyane.

1662012701726.jpg

Sharing Knowledge

Sand beaches are the best beaches! 😎

Mo_Azuz
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

I've been to Florida this year but I missed the opportunity to go scuba diving while there, I usually go to the Keys and log a few dives. Maybe Jan 2023 will work better. If you are ever in Florida, make sure to visit the Keys 🙂. a Few photos from an old trip.

1.jpgSomeone is hidingSomeone is hiding3.jpg4.jpg

Looking from the brighter side, there's already some exciting New Years resolution for 2023 😎

arturo_mondelo
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

We have just arrived from Paris, and, with kids, the stop in Disneyland was mandatory! Although we enjoyed Paris a lot, for our kids Disneyland was really magic! We spent really good couple of days in there! Here the picture going to the night spectacle with lights and fireworks! Really nice one, must say!

Disney.jpeg

Hoo

I miss Paris, Im from this city and moved.

Will return to enjoy quickly.

Sharing Knowledge

Seems like there are actually some areas in Paris where you won't spot the Eiffel Tower! 😄

g_diener
Contributor

With the Dynatrace daypack the camera and drone keep safe and dry on a visit of a waterfall near Chamonix, Mont Blanc, FR

I‘m looking forward for the lab visit in Linz after my holidays

458B0420-AB4D-42CA-AAAB-071C5EBEDF09.jpeg

2157094A-2AF9-4737-95A4-29EE571CF9B1.jpeg

Please let me know when you are in town!
Would love to have a chat at the #Cafe or the 🍺 tab after work.

Director of Product Management @ Dynatrace
That means I'm better at delegation than doing actual work!

Exciting views, I love to explore areas just like these in our Polish Sudety Mountains!

andre_vdveen
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Spring has finally sprung in the southern hemisphere and I can't wait for December, which is our peak holiday period, since we're planning a three-week camping trip. My Dynatrace cap will keep the sun out of my eyes, but other than that, I'm leaving Dynatrace alone for those three weeks - not because I don't love :dynatrace_logo:, but simply because I want to spend quality time with my wife and three kids so I need to temporarily 'divorce' my one love in life 😂
I'll likely take my cameras and tripod with me again, to see if I can improve on the photo I took a few years back while on holiday at the same spot.

Sunrise (small).jpg

If there's one product idea that I could really use this week, it would be the merging of database services!
The fact that the status shows 'Under review' makes me hopeful that we might see the ability for this very contentious topic in the platform soon!

Looking forward for some exciting pictures from the summer camping, we will be watching at them pleasantly in the middle of our winter ❄️

robaxelsen
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

There's nothing like being surrounded by happy kids and wife on vacation, while reading a good book pool (or beach) side. Managed to read Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey this summer.

IMG_20220815_105953-2.jpg

Looks like a place of a perfect balance! Where were you vacationing this year, Robert? 🤔

The_AM
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Summer is not complete, without a pool!

Regards,
Andrew M.

ChristophDM
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

We recently came back from two weeks in Eastern Canada and did a 2500km road trip through Quebec and New Brunswick.

Highlights - aside of being outside of Europe again for the first time in 2 1/2 years - were my first two kayaking sessions, the amazing landscape everywhere but especially at the Hopewell Rocks (where the difference between low tide and high tide can reach up to 14m ) and visiting the World's Largest Axe (stands 15m high and weights 55 tons!! :mind_blown:).

Kayaking on Saguenay FjordKayaking on Saguenay Fjord

Hopewell RocksHopewell Rocks

World's Largest AxeWorld's Largest Axe

First view looks extremely stunning, but that giant Axe... It's truly intriguing! 😄

The_AM
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

These pics look great!

Regards,
Andrew M.

jarinmusarrat
Dynatrace Guide
Dynatrace Guide

Used the wellness day weekend to explore some of the northern Michigan beauty. From UP to Petoskey to Sand dunes. 

v1.jpg

v2.jpg

v4.jpg

v5.jpg

v6.jpg

  

Fantastic summer views, despite the distance, look so familiar 😎

mario_mauracher
Dynatrace Advocate
Dynatrace Advocate

I spent my time on the beautiful island of Ibiza 🏝 diving 🤿, and yes, also with one or the other party 🎉🙂

But my worcation in October is very close 🇺🇸. It's great to work in a company where it's possible to see the world and broaden your experience ✈️.

Mario in Ibiza 2.JPGMario in Ibiza 3.jpgMario in Ibiza.png

Seems like diving is one of the most favorite Dynatracers' activities! 😄

Featured Posts