cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last reply by is not the last one replying?

fstekelenburg
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

It seems that the last reply by on the overview page is not the actual last one who replied.
Especially with older topics or more forks in the discussion. This can be a bit confusing.
The "last reply by" appears to be the one who replied to the initial question last. But the timestamp displayed is that of the actual last reply in the topic.

Another thing is that it may be good to consider closing old topics for new replies.
Thinking a new topic started, entering the details suddenly you're reading messages from early 2019 (because someone decided to place a "me too"or "how about..")  can be confusing too 🙂
I found myself almost answering a question form the good old days 😄

fstekelenburg_0-1638817760849.png

Kind regards, Frans Stekelenburg                 Certified Dynatrace Associate | measure.works, Dynatrace Partner
3 REPLIES 3

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

It happens when you do reply to someone's post using the "Reply" button.
If you do Reply "normally", using the "Post Reply" button, it will show the last post user id.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

yeah thats tripped me up a few times lol 😂

-Chad

Karolina_Linda
Community Team
Community Team

Hi All,

Yes, this is an indeed an odd behavior that we are aware of. We're having a call with our forum platform vendor today, so we'll prioritize this issue.

Thanks for your continuous support and feedback! That way we can improve the forums 🙂 

Cheers,

Karolina

Keep calm and build Community!

Featured Posts