cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback about the new Community!

laima_vainina
Inactive

Welcome to the new Dynatrace Community! 

We hope you're as excited as we are about the experience of the new forum. 

However, we are also aware that not everything is perfect on day 1, so we invite you to express your both positive and less positive forum experience here. 

Feel free to share any problems or confusing experiences you encounter while using the forum, as well as ideas for improvement, or just let us know what you like about the new platform 😊  

Just in case if you have additional questions about how to use the new forum, check these resources: 

Stay safe and see you in the forums! 

The Dynatrace Community team

25 REPLIES 25

Yosi_Neuman
Champion

Congratulations !!!

From first wondering around its looks awesome  !!!

It will take time to get use to the new look and feel.

Will update 

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace primer partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Thank you, Yos! 

We hope that after a couple of days you start feel at home here 🙂 More UI improvements to come, so all the feedback is more than welcome!

Keep calm and build Community!

kalle_lahtinen
Advisor

Hi,

The new forum looks really nice 🙂 And what I appreciate most of all, message drafts are autosaved! I just somehow navigated away from this message, and thought I had to start typing from the beginning. But I was offered an auto-saved draft - great job with that one \o/

One question: I just posted an additional comment here:

https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Dynatrace-Open-Q-A/Control-of-the-oneagent-license/m-p/112816#M85...

When looking at the most recent posts here, that is however not listed:

https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Dynatrace-Open-Q-A/bd-p/DynatraceQandA

In the old forum, if you added a reply or a comment, it would bump the question up. Is this now different? It's not listed under "Lates Comments" either, shown on the right.

Br,

Kalle

@kalle_lahtinen thanks a lot for the feedback. Glad to hear that the first impression is pleasant for you.

Regarding the proper latest activity showcase - as this feature was not the default on the new platform, we are still working on it and you can expect improvements soon 🙂 

ChadTurner
Guru

Loving the new layout and new platform! More importantly the auto save feature on the posts already saved me from re-typing a lengthy RFE! 

Things I LOVE about it: 

Immediate alerts when you are awarded a badge

Notification/Alerts Center 

Auto Save on comments and posts

User Specific Stats 

User homepage with stats, notifications and such

Unique User Names  

Emojis 😀

and more to come!! 

One thing I do miss is the unanswered questions section. Hopefully this can be built in at some point 😁 I like to keep the number of unanswered questions to a bare minimum. 

Will more badges be added over time? I'm only 3 way from having them all lol. Also you can't always edit your comments or reply's. 

-Chad

@ChadTurner thanks a lot for your feedback. Glad to see how many things you like in the new forum.

Regarding unanswered questions - while we work on developing this feature, I can share with you a workaround: type in search any word -> press advanced and then you can filter results by topics with no replies. 

laima_vainina_0-1615279372890.png

Let me know if it works for you 🙂 

Works like a dream. Thanks @laima_vainina 😁

-Chad

AntonioSousa
Leader

The new Community looks very good to me! Given that we were used to the old one, it is taking some time to get used to it, but overall and certainly for what is coming, it is a great improvement 😊

I think the most important issue is the one that Kalle mentioned above, as it seems nothing is happening, but our comments are really not being shown... I also would say that in Product Ideas, instead of the default sorting which is "Hot Ideas", I would prefer "New Ideas", as it doesn't make sense to see the same ones over and over again.

Keep up the great work!

Antonio Sousa

hi Antonio, thanks for the feedback! We're collecting all of the issues and we'll be publishing weekly updates on the progress of our work.

We hope you get used to the new look & feel quickly!

Regards,

Karolina

larry_roberts
Champion

Love it! MUCH better than the old. I really love the stats being collected and posted. Great stuff!

Thank you, Larry, for your kind words! This means a lot to us! We're still working on UI improvements, fixing post-launch issues, but now: only on to a bright Community future!

Chris-212
Dynatrace Supporter
Dynatrace Supporter

May I suggest that https://answers.dynatrace.com/ should be redirected?

Hi Chris, this has been already reported and the network team is working on that. Hopefully, the fix will arrive today 🙂 

Hi Karolina,

The redirection is working for all the site. Any search made in a search engine will find the old URLs, but when you click on them, it goes to the initial page of the Community. Not sure if there is a workaround for this, but Google still has few pages of this new Community, so probably better to check on the SEO side.

Antonio Sousa

Hi Antonio, this is just a temporary workaround.

Hi everyone, an update on the redirects: all redirects should work correctly now

If you bookmarked a link to the Open Q&A forum or the Product Ideas forum, those general pages are also now redirected to the right spaces within the new platform. 

We highly recommend clearing your cache - not only to make redirects work, but also to be sure you benefit from all the recent UI changes 🙂 

Ramesh_Nadar
Advisor

Hello @Karolina_Linda 

New forum look feels more modern to me. 

Suggestion - Can we get user info when mouse hover on user name.

Cheers!

R

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Yes, we're planning to enable user information on hover over a user name. I can't tell you, when, but this is one of the things we're looking into already.

Cheers,

Karolina

larry_roberts
Champion

I really do LOVE this new update. I wonder if it would be possible when looking at product ideas, to add a "My Ideas" or something like that to the dropdown list? This would allow a member to filter down to their RFE's to check the status. Thanks!

Screen.png

Hi @larry_roberts  thanks a lot for your feedback! I'm happy to share with you that we are currently working on an idea to implement this filter on the user's profile page. At the moment, it's difficult to say exactly when this will be implemented, but we will keep you updated. 

Thanks for your patience! 

Thank you @laima_vainina 🙂

Hi Larry,

Starting from March 22 (hopefully), you'll be able to see your ideas on your profile page.

ideas_tab.pngNext week, we plan to change the default filtering in the Product Ideas forum to "New Ideas", and as the next step, investigate the feasibility of adding "My Ideas" filter in the dropdown.

We'll keep you posted!

Karolina

Thank you @Karolina_Linda 🙂

DanielS
Mentor

Like it a lot @laima_vainina , more easy to read and follow. Great work.

The autosave feature, is my number 1 improve.

Badges are more focused on interaction on the forum, great improve.

Things that can me analyzed:

1. I would love a theme for dark mode, when i use it on low light conditions the white background is intense.
  2. When I click on reply the browser looks "hanged" for a few seconds under Firefox.
  3. I would love that we can have a direct link under Services & Support on the main page, and not under support resources.
  4. When I enter a topic, and then go back, I need to give always click load more and find again where I was, love to be where I left.
  5. Previously you can follow some users, i can't find how to do this here.
The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Hi @DanielS,

Thanks a lot for your feedback! 

1. Dark mode - our forum vendor has this item on the roadmap and it should be implemented within the next 12 months. The good news is that white won't be so intense when we'll change how lists of posts are displayed. Here's what we plan to do as the first improvement:
    posts_restyle.png
  2. Replying and frozen screen - I agree this is may be annoying. Let us investigate that.
  3. Direct link on the website - yes! This is planned to be done soon, I would risk to say by the end of April. We even have further plans for navigation and support resources, so stay tuned! 🙂
  4. Could you maybe give a specific example? A link, screenshot, as I'm not sure if I understand this correctly?
  5. Following users - this is not a core feature, but definitely something doable with the current platform. Let us have a look when we could implement this one.

Thank you for your patience while we keep improving the Dynatrace Community!

Karolina