cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating user profile information (username, email and password) for Dynatrace university and QA forum

sk00467979
Newcomer

Hi All,

I am sorry to ask this non-technical question in the community but I could not find any other way. Couple of years back I have created my Dynatrace university and forum profile with current company email. I am going to leave my current organization in couple of weeks. I thought to update my personal email in the profile so that I wouldn't lose access to university and community.

Few minutes back I updated my personal email but change did not reflect. However, in this process, my profile pic disappear and all the old questions and badges. I tried multiple times but no luck

I believe there must be a way to move my current profile to personal email?

Thanks

Suresh

10 REPLIES 10

As I remember from the past, not all things can be migrated into new account or changed one. In such case you should ask @Karolina L. @Laima V. for assistance. I suppose reputation points may be recovered but not all informations.

Sebastian

sk00467979
Newcomer

Thanks @Sebastian K. for your input.

@Karolina L. @Laima V. Could you please help me to resolve my problem? Do I need to create a brand new account or can I update my personal email in existing account and delete the current configured email? How do this work, kindly advise?

Thanks

Suresh

Karolina_Linda
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Suresh,

I moved your question to the Community Connect forum - that's the right one 🙂

So:

- Your email is your main identifier. We can't simply update the email, as your current account is tied to your current company.

- We can, however, merge all your activity, badges, reputation points from an old account to a new one. Just provide us the links to your old and new accounts.-

- We can also transfer your Dynatrace University history from one account to another.

Soon, will be migration to a new forum platform, and the process will stay the same - there won't be an option to change the email on your own.

Let me know what steps should we take.

Best regards,

Karolina

Keep calm and build Community!

Thanks for this. Let me create a new account and I will share you link of both account to merge.

Awesome, thank you!

sk00467979
Newcomer

Hi @Karolina_Linda , sorry for being late. I can see my old account and all post with my personal gmail account.However, I am not able to login to university with gmail account.

Account with company email

https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1669

Account with personal email

https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/29219

Please transfer all my university history from company account to personal account

I have an exam planned in next 2 weeks with company account. I hope that wouldn't affect. 

Thanks

Suresh

Hi Suresh,

Let me reach out to our University team what we can do. We'll make sure you're all set.

By the way: Will you have a new Community account with a new company email?

Best regards,

Karolina

@sk00467979 - here's the information from the University team:
In any case like this, all users need to open up a ticket in Jira, selecting the university.
However, all users should be aware that if they start using a personal account and are no longer an active customer, they will lose access to almost all of Dynatrace University (for example, all videos).

Thanks @Karolina_Linda . 

I would remain active from my personal account. If I create new account in future company then I will ask again to merge 2.

Can you share me link of JIRA where I need to raise case?

Thanks

Suresh

In our Support Portal: https://support.dynatrace.com/supportportal/secure/CreateIssue.jspa - select "University" as a project.