cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AgataWlodarczyk
Community Team
Community Team

CMOM_October2022.png

Groups are an essential part of our lives, and we can’t deny the fundamental fact that we have always been a part of one. By being a part of the community, one gets an opportunity to interact with other people, make connections, and socialize. Like on the Dynatrace Community, where users share different perspectives, learn from their experiences, and contribute by helping each other.

This time Community team is proud to recognize Götz Diener as a Community Member of the month for October 2022. Why? Read more about @g_diener to learn how passionate he is about his job, and how he enjoys working professionally with a global mindset.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Can you tell a little bit about your professional life? Where do you work and what do you do in your job?

When I was young, my parents were of the opinion that I should first learn something serious before devoting myself to this modern IT business. So I first did an apprenticeship as a bank clerk and quickly moved towards IT after that. For more than 20 years now, I have been involved in performance engineering and monitoring throughout the entire application lifecycle at Atruvia. I have honestly experienced the need for fast and streamlined processes in the banking sector through my practical experience. Since 2021 I‘m working as an expert in monitoring and performance management, trying to make the world a little bit better in this area.

Just me :)Just me 🙂
What is your story with Dynatrace? Why did you start using our products and for what project?
In 2007, my colleague and I were contacted by a young gentleman from Linz who wanted to show his software solution for the analysis and monitoring of Java applications. The informations sounded very interesting, so we met shortly thereafter. The young gentleman, Bernd Greifeneder, could convince us of the approach of this software solution, so we already purchased a small amount of Dynatrace (Appmon) licenses in 2007. Since we already had several Compuware products in use, we were even more pleased that these solutions later grew together for the most part. The number of licenses increased over the years, and at the end of 2018, we decided to deploy Dynatrace across our whole data center.

Have you ever had any interesting use case for the Dynatrace platform that you found to be particularly intriguing? Could you tell us about it?

From my time in banking practice and working in the data center, I know both sides and therefore especially appreciate that Dynatrace has managed to make the end customer view measurable. No interpretations and guesses, but clear information about where a user has problems and where they come from. From my point of view one of the most important features.

Relax in the high mountainsRelax in the high mountains

What brought you to our community? What is your best memory about it?
Since Perform's inception, I have enjoyed sharing opportunities and challenges with other users there. Listening to their experiences and talking about ideas with others. Outside of this format, the community is the ideal basis for this, although unfortunately, it can’t completely replace direct interaction.

Why do you think it’s worth being a part of the Dynatrace Community? Why do you contribute to the Community?

Every company has the same challenges when implementing and operating Dynatrace.
CMOM_October2022_quote.png

So it’s mandatory for everyone who actively works with Dynatrace.

What part or parts of the Dynatrace Community do you like the most?

Until recently, I would have said that Product Ideas was my favorite place in the Community. However, for the past 6 weeks, it has been the User Groups section where my hopes for a German-speaking user group have been realized.

Now we can exchange ideas regionally and nationally in the German-speaking area. Thanks for the implementation, Dynatrace. 😉

And how about your life outside IT – what is your biggest passion?

The IT world is extremely fast-moving. In the event of failures and malfunctions, the causes must be found as quickly as possible in order to avoid a business impact. Technologies come and go. That's why it's all the more important for me to enjoy peace and quiet in my free time. Extensive mountain hikes in the Vosges or the Alps with my family are a welcome change and bring me peace and energy.

If I want to switch off completely, I like to take the chance to be on my own with my motorcycle on a tour for several days and to meet people from other countries and regions.

Travel far off the tourist routesTravel far off the tourist routes

And while other men over 50 buy themselves a Harley or a Corvette, I love my 50-year-old Citroen Mehari, which with its 19kw provides absolute deceleration.

Active deceleration in my wonderful countryActive deceleration in my wonderful country

It would also be great if you could share with us your favorite movie, song, and/or book. Let other Community members discover something new and interesting to watch/hear/read.

If someone asks me about my favorite movie, book, or song, it's very easy for me to answer: I choose my movies and my songs according to my daily mood, which, interestingly enough, is usually extremely good. 

From my point of view, the most exciting book of today, especially in the field of business, is "Wild Knowledge: Outthink the Revolution" by Anders Indset.

Top Secret: Good food is my secret vice

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
We're happy Götz, that you are a Dynatrace Community member and that you actively take part in increasing the number of its users. Our world is changing fast. Learning knows no age limits, and even more - demands to learn faster and more than ever before. Every day is a training, every day is part of a huge transformation that’s happened around us, especially in the IT world, where change is happening at a tremendous pace.

We can’t learn how to be changemakers overnight and by doing it alone. Everything needs experimental learning and sharing knowledge, experience, and ideas with others as we go along. The best idea to tackle issues everywhere you’re is to be a part of the… community. 😊 To be surrounded and collaborate with others willing to help and grow with you to solve problems, which are often not just our problems.

And it’s good to remember that there are no challenges as long as you have people around you who are going in the same direction.

7 Comments
dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hey, young people choose Harleys too 🤣

Congrats, @g_diener !!! Glad to see another motorcyclist in this list!!!

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Deceleration is a good thing too!

Congratulations @g_diener!

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Congrats @g_diener Nice pic in high mountains!!!!

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Congratulations @g_diener, well deserved!

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Awesome news! Congrats! And keep German User Group growing!

fstekelenburg
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Congrats @g_diener ! And good food should not be a secret vice, but a public merit 🙂
And those who understand life's poetry and suspension, know how to appreciate driving a Citroën.
I hope that the great ideas from the German group, also make it to the rest of the community 😉

PedroDeodato
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Congrats, @g_diener !! 💪