cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AgataWlodarczyk
Community Team
Community Team

Member_1_600x300 Jerome t.png

In April we are happy to present you Jerome Thomas – Dynatrace Principal Sales Engineer from France, who is not only helping customers and partners during face-to-face meetings but is active in supporting them in the Community as well.

We invite you to read and get to know how @jerome_thomas puts customers first and uses their feedback to shift and adapt the Dynatrace platform quickly.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Can you tell a little bit about your professional life? What is your role in the company and what do you do in your job?
I’m a Principal Sales Engineer in the South EMEA team (France, but also luckier sunnier countries in the South). I’m helping the SEs team to drive strategic POCs, help customers to gain more and more value from Dynatrace, and collect precious information about their return of experience to share with the labs. I’m working at Dynatrace for almost 6 years, but I knew the French team for 15 years now. I collaborated first with them as an architect for a partner company. When the time has come for me, I chose Dynatrace because of this fantastic French team.

EMOM - Picture - 1.jpg

What do you like the most about the Dynatrace platform? What parts of Dynatrace do you use?

Dynatrace platform is like an all-inclusive trip. You have activities, swimming pools, rest time on the beach, an open buffet, and an open bar at the same place… You can imagine so many use cases from the User Experience & Analytics to the infrastructure auto-remediation. It helps more than 10 different teams in some companies to collaborate, so I use all the parts of the platform of course. Even Security is a fresh new place to discover, but in the end, we help people in their daily job, and that’s my main satisfaction. Whatever the size of the customer is, it doesn’t matter, it’s the way he uses it which makes the difference. It’s a good way to challenge myself to understand each time new needs and use cases as every customer is different. It makes the job very exciting.

Have you ever had any interesting use case for the Dynatrace platform that you found to be particularly intriguing? Could you tell us about it?
I think the most interesting use case, which is really not the harder one technically speaking, came from a worldwide car manufacturer I’m working with for 3/4 years in France. They have detected with Dynatrace some foreign black markets where parts are sold!!! What’s the link with the OneAgent???? It’s just the way Garages and Resellers were monitored in minutes and conversion funnels followed from documentation and code of failure consultations, to basket and purchase steps. For some places, the last 2 steps were near 0% and a quick call was enough to understand what happened.

What brought you to our community? What is your best memory about it?

The Community is a great place to find and share use cases and experiences. I worked before in different companies where the only objectives of the R&D are to drive the customers to what they need to do to use the product, and not why or how they want to do that. With the community at Dynatrace, plus the continuous delivery of the product every 2 weeks, this place is full of ideas that lead us to focus on customers first and adapt our product quickly. 1500 developers are working hard here, plus thousands of customers at the product management. 😉

Why do you think it’s worth being a part of the Dynatrace Community? Why do you contribute to the Community?

Working in the company, I can talk directly to Product Management, and it’s a BIG BIG BIG comfort as the organization is very flexible.
Artboard 1 - Jerome.png

It’s a big thing for an editor because it means a full 100% transparency and direct trust with our customers. It’s a big responsibility to lead the Observability market, and the community is the place where everyone can see that we are taking seriously this 1st position and continue to improve and challenge ourselves.

And how about your life outside IT – what is your biggest passion?

Traveling is the key to discovering new cultures and different ways to do things. So with my family (4 kids!!!! And Diana my wife I met here at Dynatrace), it’s always an adventure but so many memories at the end. The next destination is Mexico. I’m also a fan of motorsport and for 2 weeks per year, I’m riding in France with my motorbike group and 2 panties for all weeks😊. I’m also doing a lot of sports, tennis, basketball, running. It’s a necessary part of the job when you need to relax and free your mind.

EMOM - Picture - 3.jpgEMOM - Picture - 2.jpg

It would also be great if you could share with us your favorite movie, song and/or book. Let other Community members discover something new and interesting to watch/hear/read.

Forget books, songs… and let’s talk about Gran Turismo 7!!!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sales is not about selling, it’s about helping clients succeed and creating relationships that help build trust and confidence among every party involved in the process. If we really think about it, sales is just the process of communication that people use to help one another. We are happy to see, Thomas, that you have a focus to create a win-win situation of delivering value to customers and creating an opportunity for a company to benefit and innovate more by using Dynatrace Community.

10 Comments
AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Congratulations @jerome_thomas! That black market story is pretty awesome!

Karolina_Linda
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you, @jerome_thomas, for all your contributions and for being with us for so many years! Congratulations! :clap:

Michal_Gebacki
Community Team
Community Team

What a cool Corvette I see, Jerome! 🏎 Thank you for this inspiring interview!

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Congratulations @jerome_thomas!

PedroDeodato
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Congrats, @jerome_thomas !! :party_cat:

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Yay, another motorcyclist!!! Congrats, Jerome!! 

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Congrats @jerome_thomas I would like to know more about this history "They have detected with Dynatrace some foreign black markets where parts are sold!!! "

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Congrats!

Malaik
Champion

Congrats Thomas,

Bon courage pour la suite.

joshua_dtrace
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Congratulations, @jerome_thomas !! Sweet rides!