cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AgataWlodarczyk
Community Team
Community Team

EMOM - Yngwie.png

Life is full of changes, and many of them are hard to deal with. Big, small, planned, and unplanned – they can impact our lives in a significant way. Transitions can be something exciting, but they can also cause fear and uncertainty. Starting a new job and changing roles can be an incredibly demanding time, but as new roads lead to new destinations, difficulties that we experience during that time can lead us to beautiful places. You never know when the twist in life that may seem difficult at first will help you not only to climb higher in your career but also to grow as a human.

One of the Dynatracers, who, despite fear, decided to take up the challenge of a big change is Yngwie Lucero (@yngwie_lucero). We’re very happy to show you his story and give you a chance to get to know him better.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Can you share some details about your past? What is your story, how it happened that you decided to work in the IT / APM area, and how you became a Dynatracer?

Back in university, I initially took Accountancy for my Bachelor’s degree but later shifted to Computer Science as I was into playing computer games, so it made more sense for me. Found out that programming is totally different from playing games but continued with ComSci anyways. I was challenged by the technology and works that come with programming. 

I started as a software developer in a start-up company and then moved my way into being a mobile developer for both Android/iOS. When my then-girlfriend (now wife) and I moved to Australia, I continued working in the mobile development space and was later presented with a good opportunity to work with Dynatrace. At first, I was a bit hesitant because a developer is totally different from a customer-facing role. Being an introvert, the thought of facing customers was daunting, but eventually, I have learned to embrace and love my work as a Technical Support Engineer. 

Attending our Sydney office year-end party in our Aussie costumes (me, Charles Ilagan and Edward Sadsad).Attending our Sydney office year-end party in our Aussie costumes (me, Charles Ilagan and Edward Sadsad).

Can you tell us a little bit about your job? What interesting things you’re working on that you can share?

I am part of the technical support team. In my daily work as a Senior Technical Support Engineer, I attend meetings with customers, handle tickets, connect with peers, help onboard new employees, and lead mobile development issues. There is also a sense of fulfillment when you help customers achieve their use cases and resolve their issues. So even if it is not working mainly as a mobile developer, I still have exposure to mobile development with stress being considerably less. I have never looked back since.

A photo I took of a beautiful sunset in my hometown in the Philippines.A photo I took of a beautiful sunset in my hometown in the Philippines.

What makes you excited about being a part of the Dynatrace?

I love how the organization is implementing work flexibility arrangements for employees. Nowadays, it is a game changer to be a part of a company that pushes for innovation and technology. I also want to commend the generous employee benefits that Dynatrace offers to its workers, from private health insurance and stock plan to some awards as recognition of employees’ hard work.

In addition to the generous perks, I also love being part of a team that values teamwork and cooperation. It gives you the confidence to face challenges in your day-to-day tasks. This made my change from developer to support a whole lot easier. Furthermore, it is nice to be part of a time that promotes learning and innovation. This gives us a chance to learn new skills and enhance our existing specialties as well.

But these are just small parts of the perks of working for Dynatrace.

Me and my wife under the milky way.Me and my wife under the milky way.

How is the Community helping you in your job? Why do you think it’s worth being a part of the Dynatrace Community? What best advice can you give someone who just started using Community?
EMOM_February2023_quote.png

I believe that this is why it is definitely worth being part of the Community. The best advice I can give is to be open-minded. The Community is a place where we can share ideas, question current conventions, and explore innovation for the future.

Tell us something about you that most people don’t know. What is your biggest joy or passion in life?

I’m a sports addict, and I enjoy watching all sorts of sports like tennis, basketball (NBA), American football (NFL), football (soccer), Formula 1, badminton, etc. I also love playing tennis as my stress relief and form of exercise. 

I take pleasure in photography. The thought of capturing precious moments in a photo is just very rewarding.

Most days, I spend quality time with my family. We have a one-year-old son who just brings so much joy and color into our lives.

Photo with my family.Photo with my family.

What’s one thing on your bucket list? Your dream?
To travel the world. This can be extremely difficult for a young family, but this dream is never going away, and I hope that someday when kids are all grown up, we can see places and create memories together. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yngwie, Community members are very happy that you took the challenge of change into a new role, bite the fear of failure, and started to do the things that can move you to reach new heights. It’s great to see that you appreciate being a part of the Dynatrace innovation journey that all employees create with Dynatrace customers and partners.

It’s awesome as well that outside of work, you have a passion for capturing the moments in photography. Looking at these photos, we can reference the feeling, emotion, vibe, or atmosphere of the situation at the time it was taken.

We wish you to continue capturing beautiful moments, not only in photography but also on your journey as a Dynatracer.

6 Comments
dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Congrats, @yngwie_lucero!!

Now, where are yours portfolio links? flickr, instagram. I would love to see more pictures you taken.

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

👏@yngwie_lucero  :clap: Your photo of the milky way it's awesome. Congrats for your family!!!

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Love all of this.  I got back into tennis last year and great stress reliever.

Michal_Gebacki
Community Team
Community Team

So stunning photographing skills, that sunset view is amazing!

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Congratulations @yngwie_lucero !

Your ideas on tennis as a stress relief got me thinking... I used to play about 20 years ago, and you and @Kenny_Gillette are right, you just forget anything else when playing... Have to think about it!

bo_jia
Dynatrace Guide
Dynatrace Guide

Big congratulations to @yngwie_lucero! Your talent is definitely beyond just what you do in your daily job. Just share more of them to impact and inspire others more 🙂

And huge thanks to the whole DynaMight and community team to put things together in such a nice way. Hats-off for your relentless effort to build a lively and informative community! You guys rock!