Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaciejNeumann
Community Team
Community Team

MaciejNeumann_0-1619858565328.png

Hello Dynatrace Community! 

May has come, and this means one thing: we have a new Employee Member of the Month! The winner for May 2021 is @trevor_masseng1  – API expert, that helped many users in our Community. Our Employee Member of the Month has some pretty innovative use case for Dynatrace, I really recommend reading this interview with him: 

Can you tell a little bit about your professional life? What is your role in the company and what do you do in your job?  

I am a Senior Consultant, aside from helping answer customer’s questions about Dynatrace, I lead a number of internal initiatives that have the goal of improving our services and the Dynatrace product as a whole. 

Within the services organization, I am known as the API Guru, a nickname earned by utilizing the Dynatrace APIs to automate some of my work and provide customers with more answers about their environment that would otherwise be difficult or impossible to obtain. 

What Dynatrace products do you use? What do you like the most about them?  

Currently, I work with Dynatrace SaaS and Managed, but these environments utilize just about every feature Dynatrace has to offer: from Synthetics, to Session Replay, to Extensions. 

What I love about Dynatrace is the APIs. The APIs provide so much control over your data and your environment, that if a feature does not exist in Dynatrace, a simple API request or two and some basic coding logic can allow you to do almost anything. 

MaciejNeumann_1-1619858565330.png

Have you ever had any interesting use case for the Dynatrace product, that you found out to be particularly intriguing? Could you tell us about it? 

I have an Ecobee smart thermostat, this product has its own API. I utilized Dynatrace HTTP checks to check and baseline the temperatures of all of the rooms in my house and set up alerts for if the temperature of a room became too low during the winter, which would also make a request to turn on a smart plug that would activate a space heater. Who knew you could automate your home with Dynatrace! 

Why do you contribute to the Community? What is your best memory about it? 

MaciejNeumann_2-1619858565316.png

My favorite memory is seeing an executive pull out her phone and take pictures of some of the reports that I had built that could be used for any customer, and turn around and ask the people she was in charge of why the reports they built her didn’t look like mine. 

And how about your life outside the IT – what is your biggest passion? 

I’ve recently developed a passion for photography and creating artistic effects in Photoshop. I’m very much an amateur as of now, but practice makes perfect. 

It would also be great if you could share with us your favorite movie, song and/or a book. Let other Community members discover something new and interesting to watch/hear/read 🙂 

I find myself listening to lofi and synthwave soundtracks over lyrical music, those genres aren’t for everyone, but they make it easy for me to focus.  

When it comes to books, I mostly read professional books. I’d recommend “The ONE Thing” and “Give and Take” if you find yourself with more work than you have time to complete it. 

Thank you for the interview, Trevor! Your story about using Dynatrace for regulating heat in your house is super interesting. 

5 Comments
fstekelenburg
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Congratulations @trevor_masseng1! I also find using Dyantrace for your domotica quite interesting 🙂

Karolina_Linda
Community Team
Community Team

Congratulations, Trevor!

PS. Great outfit 😄 

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Congrats Trevor!!!!!

joshua_dtrace
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion