Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaciejNeumann
Community Team
Community Team

MaciejNeumann_8-1635869434403.png

Hello Dynatrace Community! 

Our Employee Member of the Month for November is a real expert on Dynatrace Extensions – and on this subforum, he helps many users on this particular topic. Thank you, @david_lopes, it is always great to see Product Architects in the Community, that are willing to share their knowledge with others. Here is an interview, thanks to which you can know him a little bit better: 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Can you tell a little bit about your professional life? What is your role in the company and what do you do in your job?  

I've started working at Dynatrace back in 2011 as a Consultant, always working with Application Performance Management, I had a tour working for customers and competitors, and came back to Dynatrace, where my heart is! 

Today I work as a Lead Extensions Architect for the services team, I help my team, our customers and partners extend Dynatrace using extensions, APIs, SDKs, etc. 
In total, I have about 9 years of experience working with Dynatrace products, and 13 years with monitoring in general. 

What Dynatrace products do you use? What do you like the most about them?  

I am really passionate about extensions and our APIs, I believe Dynatrace has the strongest offering when it comes to extending the product, I have created close to 100 custom extensions! 

In my opinion, the Dynatrace entity model is just genius and there are so many exciting features coming in the future that will allow us to utilize its full power to solve interesting use cases. 

MaciejNeumann_9-1635869434405.jpeg

Have you ever had any interesting use case for the Dynatrace product, that you found out to be particularly intriguing? Could you tell us about it? 

There are many interesting challenges that were solved with Dynatrace, like monitoring real user experience for Citrix, SAP, and Salesforce users, there is a lot of effort that was put into these topics and the results are fantastic. 

I am also very interested in cases where we help give visibility into things like C++, Python, Ruby applications that are usually a bit harder to the instrument. 

Why do you contribute to the Community? What is your best memory about it? 

I believe in open source and easy to use data, and I like to help people understand and consume information, I think there is nothing more powerful than that 

I created and maintain our python auto instrumentation library called autodynatrace: https://github.com/dynatrace-oss/OneAgent-SDK-Python-AutoInstrumentation  

And I have also created and now maintain our python REST API client: https://github.com/dynatrace-oss/api-client-python    

Other than that, I like to hang out in the forums and help folks automate and monitor new technologies, 

MaciejNeumann_10-1635869434370.png

And how about your life outside the IT – what is your biggest passion? 

I have a two-year-old son and I really like traveling with my family, we have a trip planned to Mexico soon! 

I have also picked a new hobby recently and started Sim Racing, I have a driving Wheel/clutch/pedals connected to my PC and I like to race in online tournaments. 

MaciejNeumann_11-1635869434402.jpeg

It would also be great if you could share with us your favorite movie, song and/or a book. Let other Community members discover something new and interesting to watch/hear/read 🙂 

I am a huge Tolkien fan, I have just finished reading The Children of Húrin, a really great book about a story that happened 6000 years before The Lord of the Rings events, I highly recommend any Tolkien work! 

I'm from Brazil, and there are some really good movies that not a lot of people know about, if you have a chance watch "City of God" from 2002 and "Central Station" from 1998 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“City of God” is one of those movies, that I’ll never forget, a great recommendation! Thank you for being with us David, wish you a wonderful and sunny trip to Mexico 😊  

7 Comments
ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Congratulations David!! 🎉

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

You are right, Dynatrace extensions are really interesting, and it has been easy to create our owns too!  Congratulations!

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Great work David, extensions saves us all! Congrats!

joshua_dtrace
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Congratulations, David!!

Karolina_Linda
Community Team
Community Team

Congrats, David! Well-deserved recognition! :clap:

PS. Cute pics!

AgataWlodarczyk
Community Team
Community Team