cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaciejNeumann
Community Team
Community Team

Hello Community! 

Last week we’ve introduced a new subforum to the Community with a set of completely new features – “Events and webinars”. This is a place where you can find out all events about Dynatrace, both virtual and happening in the real world. Firstly, we want to start small, mostly focusing on meet-ups connected to the Community. However, the "Events and webinars" section is going to be a spot where you can join anything Dynatrace-related. 

Opera Snapshot_2022-06-08_141824_community.dynatrace.com.png

Just enter the Events and webinar forum, and you'll instantly see what events are happening at the moment or which ones are coming in the future. If you're interested, you can also check what was going on in the past – just set up the filters on the page and you’ll see exactly what you're looking for.

Thanks to labels, you can also quickly check specific event types. So, if webinars are something you're particularly interested in, you'll be able to also find them in the Community. Another feature is a calendar view, which is making it easy to compare the Dynatrace events calendar to your schedule 😉 

Opera Snapshot_2022-06-08_142138_community.dynatrace.com.png 

The event page will tell you everything you need: what is happening, where, when, how, and with who. After entering the specific event page, you can decide if you want to join it, make the decision later, or want to decline. If you decide to be a part of the event, you’ll get then notifications about it (with an email reminder one hour before the start) and you'll be also able to download it and add it to your calendar.

On the right side of the event, you check what other users have joined. Do you want to network with someone in particular? It is easier than ever! Also, under every event that is happening in the real world, you can also check the map for a specific location and never get lost again 😉  

Opera Snapshot_2022-06-08_142426_community.dynatrace.com.png

Thanks to our integration with Zoom, you won’t even have to have it downloaded on your computer. Just enter the event, and join a meet-up, AMA session, or webinar straight from your browser.  

Opera Snapshot_2022-06-08_142751_community.dynatracelabs.com.png

We hope that you'll find the new features useful and that this will bring Dynatrace Community even closer together 🤗 If you have any questions, suggestions for improvement, etc., just let us know in the comments. 

15 Comments
dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

That's seems great!! I got "Access Denied":donotpass:when trying to check it. Seems I am not so special as I though. 

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Looks very promising! Still getting "Access Denied" too.

MaciejNeumann
Community Team
Community Team

So sorry about that, my mistake! 😅 It should all work now, and new event forum should be accessible to everyone 🙂

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Works now and looks very pomising!

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Access is ok now, but when I try to see the events in calendar view, nothing is listed when using Chrome, all is fine using Firefox. 

Monthly Release update, learning events, such as Certification Bootcamp, and University vITL will also be present? 

Thanks

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Its intriguing for me .. getting access denied though 😞

MaciejNeumann
Community Team
Community Team

@dannemca We're working with our Community platform provider on the issue with the calendar (we've got some feedback also from other users, the experience is pretty inconsistent at the moment), and I'll let everyone know as soon as we will have a fix for it.

As for the list of the events - eventually, we want to provide as much information here as possible (including University events), but this will take a little bit of time. Just stay tuned 😉

@techean Could you check again? I've logged in to the forum as you in the Community (one of the Admin privileges 😉) and everything seemed to work correctly.

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

@MaciejNeumann  I was expecting if these events calendar can be populated based on the user device location. There is a confusion and always have to separately calculate the timings for any webinar based on our local time zone. And yes events seems to be working now for me.

MaciejNeumann
Community Team
Community Team

@techean Could you check your Community profile settings and confirm that everything there is set up correctly? Just go to My settings -> Preferences -> Preference Options -> Time Zone, and here you can change the Community settings to your local time zone.

Opera Snapshot_2022-06-21_110414_community.dynatrace.com.png

After changing this, the Event and webinars subforum should show your local time for all the events:

Opera Snapshot_2022-06-21_110514_community.dynatrace.com.png 
If this still isn't the case, just let me know, and I'll check what we can do about this.

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Overlooked this amazing opportunity. Thank you @MaciejNeumann

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

@MaciejNeumann  You are my hero 😉 Things are now as expected.

MaciejNeumann
Community Team
Community Team

@dannemca @AntonioSousa

The event calendar should be now fixed with the new Community Platform update - we've checked it on 4 different browsers and everything seems to be working so far. Let me know, if you still having any issues, and we'll take care of them as soon as possible 🙂

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@MaciejNeumann 

Looks good to me 😊

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Can we promote Webinars when one of our members are in the panelist??

https://info.dynatrace.com/noram-all-wc-the-state-of-sre-in-2022-19382-registration.html

Se you all Wednesday, July 13 - 11:00 am - 12:00 pm ET!!!

:cool_doge:

AgataWlodarczyk
Community Team
Community Team

@dannemca 
Of course, we want to promote all Dynatrace events and everything that is related to the product and appears on official channels. 🙂

An event based on the link that you shared has been created 😊 ➡️ The State of SRE in 2022