cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we have any metrics and limits for pods request?

shammub599
Newcomer

Do we have any metrics for pods request and limits like basically if pod crosses memory limit it get restarts before it get restart can trigger alert if it crosses limit? Example:

resources:

requests:

memory: "100M"

cpu: "50m"

limits:

memory: "250M"

cpu: "100m"

can these values get populated via manifest to dynatrace rather manually setting up threshold?

5 REPLIES 5

alexandre_marl2
Organizer

Hello,

It would be nice to have for each pod the limit/request configured for this pod and the current value (so we know if we are close or not of the limit).

Currently we have it at cluster level but you need to do the same for namespace and pod like other competitors.

Thanks,
Alex

I agree that this would be a nice improvement

These kind of metrics are available with other monitoring tools, but not currently available with Dynatrace as far as I am aware of

Anonymous
Not applicable

Such metrics Already exists:

Cheers.

I want to configure custom alerts for POD cpu utilization using "cpu usage mcores"

builtin:containers.cpu.usageMilliCores

I navigated to particluar pod, Utilization section and able to generate this query
builtin:containers.cpu.usageMilliCores:filter(in("dt.entity.container_group_instance",entitySelector("type(CONTAINER_GROUP_INSTANCE),fromRelationships.IS_CGI_OF_CAI(type(CLOUD_APPLICATION_INSTANCE),type(CLOUD_APPLICATION_INSTANCE),entityId(CLOUD_APPLICATION_INSTANCE-10BE51C9BB6E85A4))"))):parents:splitBy("dt.entity.cloud_application_instance"):sum

but I need some generic query which should get applied to all pods in k8s cluster, please let me know whether its possible ?

NIIIICK
Frequent Guest

Can these metrics be utillized for docker swarm containers?

Featured Posts