Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure trusted root certificates on ActiveGate

MAkimov
Mentor

Hello

I have an issue adding Kubernetes Cluster monitoring using the API

I have this error

id":"KUBERNETES_CLUSTER-97A6AE3DB6B8D47C","statusInfo":"SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target","statusInfos":{},"connectionState":"UNKNOWN_ERROR

I think this is due to the lack of a certificate on the ActiveGate

I tried to configure trusted root certificates on ActiveGate. I use doc https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/setup-and-configuration/dynatrace-activegate/configuration/co...

I followed the documentation but got nothing happened

1. security gave me a certificate - open-shift-ca.crt

2. I put it in a location outside the /opt/dynatrace directory

3. Edited the launcheruserconfig.conf file

-vmargs -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/etc/MyJavaStore/open-shift-ca.crt

4. restart ActiveGate

But now it is not connected to Cluster.

in the log I have an error -

Failed to send INITIAL_COLLECTOR_SETUP message (target-type=SERVER, target-id=2), uri=null - CommunicationException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No X509TrustManager implementation available [Suppressing further messages for 10 minutes] [skipped logs: 414]

Any advice?

4 REPLIES 4

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

In such case you should add root to cluster too I think. I've never hade chance to check only cert on AG. Always we had to install certificates on both servers because of some internal requirements and it works in such case.

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

daniel_jelinski
Inactive

Hi, you need to merge the certificate with the Java-default ones like this:

cp /opt/dynatrace/jre/lib/security/cacerts /etc/MyJavaStore
keytool -import -keystore /etc/MyJavaStore/cacerts -storepass changeit -alias open-shift-ca -file /etc/MyJavaStore/open-shift-ca.crt

Then edit launcheruserconfig.conf file:

-vmargs
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/etc/MyJavaStore/cacerts

Then restart ActiveGate

Thank you!

Lukasz_Halman
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Information in the thread is outdated. Please follow official documentation https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/setup-and-configuration/dynatrace-activegate/configuration/co...

Featured Posts