Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenShift - ActiveGate usage

Malaik
Champion

Dear Community,

I have a question regarding OpenShift and AG usage:

As per the below screenshot, my OpenShift servers are using the internal AG on Kubernetes, what is the conclusion that we can find here:

OneAgent is communicating to Kubernetes AG, and that AG forward to Dynatrace env AG, that's why we can find both on the properties of each agent?

Malaik_0-1684144528339.png

Sharing Knowledge
7 REPLIES 7

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @Malaik,

As far as I know the contenarized AG communicate directly with your managed host without ENV AG. 

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Your situation is due to (some) code modules in applications running on those hosts communicating using the non-containerized active gate. 

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Thanks @Julius_Loman 

How can we verify and change the things.

Sharing Knowledge

Downloading the support archive is probably the easiest method to verify the assumption and verify the logs of code modules. This also depends on DynaKube deployment options you have.

You can also reach out to DTONE who have access to DebugUI and help to identify the processes and reasons why the code modules are not connected to containerized ActiveGate.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Did you set up any networkzone when configuring the dynakube? I do recommend to.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

hmm, just now I saw your screenshot and NZ is there... this is odd.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

jsolerso1
Visitor

I don't know if is the same problem. If in your environment you have a proxy defined to comunicate to the external dynatrace, in the kubeconfig yo have not to define a general proxy to allow the nodeagents to communicate to the internal activegate. To allow you internal activeGate to comunicate to the external dynatrace activeGates trough the proxy you have to add in kubeconfig AG definition section

customProperties:
      value: |
        [http.client]
        proxy-server=<your proxy>
        proxy-port=8080
        proxy-non-proxy-hosts=*.xxx.xxx

I think is a workarround until the internal ActiveGate get the proper configuration from the dynatrace configuration to send the metrics to a internal AG

Featured Posts