cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Deep monitoring is not activate" error message

Nissou
Frequent Guest

Hello everyone,

After I installed OneAgent with CloudNativeFullStack template in our AKS cluster, I'm not able to obtain any metrics. I have a message saying that the "Deep monitoring is not active" : 

Nissou_0-1675940079371.png

Do you have any idea or did you face this issue before?

Best regards

4 REPLIES 4

nanand3
Participant

We are seeing this same issue within our environment, kindly let us know what could be the issue with cloudNative installation approach.

Our troubleshooting operator logs also shows error : "[31m X Unknown OneAgentCodeModules image[0m"

jo-ma
Frequent Guest

We're seeing this as well in a cluster we're using to test the cloud native full stack deployment model.  Specifically we're seeing this issue with Go applications.  Java applications are being instrumented correctly.  We also have a single js frontend application that's being instrumented correctly, I noticed the OP screenshot is js.

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Can you all check for this? https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/setup-and-configuration/setup-on-container-platforms/kubernet...

You may using some annotation/labels rules that are excluding the pods/namespaces.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

In my case we're using a pretty vanilla dynakube config and are not explicitly adding any Dynatrace related annotations to our deployments / pods.  We're also not excluding any namespaces explicitly in the dynakube config.

We're seeing all Go services failing to be instrumented with deep monitoring, whether that's our services we've created in-house or third party type services like ingress-nginx or Prometheus.

From inspecting one of the pods for one of these Go services, it looks like oneagent is appending the correct annotations to indicate deep monitoring should be enabled:

apiVersion: v1
kind: Pod
metadata:
  annotations:
    data-ingest.dynatrace.com/injected: "true"
    dynakube.dynatrace.com/injected: "true"
    oneagent.dynatrace.com/injected: "true"

Featured Posts