cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set a custom timeframe which is shifted from the base timeframe?

istvan_safranek
Participant

Hello!

I have a dashboard with 4 tiles. Each shows key request statistics.

I want to clone these tiles and set a custom timeframe which is shifted from the dashboard base timeframe with x minutes or hours or days etc.

Is this possible to set shifted timeframe?

7 REPLIES 7

KaliprasadP
Observer

Hello @istvan_safranek ,

There is an option for that once you select the tile in edit mode, in data explore you have a custom timeframe, you can set time for the tile, based on your request.

KaliprasadP_0-1638867335655.png

Regards

Kaliprasad P

Kaliprasad P

Hello @KaliprasadP 

Unfortunately it's not good for me. If I set the tile's custom timeframe to Yesterday, it will always show Yesterday's data if I change the dashboard main timeframe in the upper right corner.

br, Istvan

You can apply the timeshifts in the Data explorer itself using the code mode (see last illustration below how to do it) and it will then also take the selected timeframe on the dashboard into account like

zietho_0-1638869811659.png

zietho_1-1638869829664.png

zietho_2-1638869903081.png

Doc links: 

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/explorer-advanced-query-editor#example-compare-a-me... 

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/api-metrics-v2-selector#time-shift-transformation 

Hope that helps. 

Regards 

Thomas

@ziethothank you. I will try it on a normal Graph tile. Unfortanetly the Service or request tile has no option to see the data explorer. Would be nice to be there too.

Yes and no. 

They usually underly metrics. The moment you find the metric you can use any of the Data explorer tiles (+ timeshift in code mode) to do it. Honeycombs will hit the stage in Q1/early Q2 so you can "partially" replicate the service health tile. However, the tiles are then based on metrics, not problems, for a start. 

Problems on top we also will look into later next year though. 

cheers. 

Hi @zietho 

The only problem with your suggestion is that the shift is with in the time of the time picker which mean that if you want to show count for whole day yesterday , month ago and 3 month ago IMO it will not work. 

What we done for this is to set the time picker in each tile for, today  , yesterday , 1 day 7 day ago (-7d/d to -6d/d), 1 day 30 day ago (-30d/d to -29d/d)

You can also adjust the start and end time in day as appears in the timeframe selector guide 

Yosi_Neuman_0-1638965212240.png

HTH

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

zietho
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Yes you are right but my answer was intentional to providing means to shift according to the selected timeframe. 

So in essence there are two ways you can shift: 

* static shifts according to the current time => select custom timeframe for a tile

* dynamic shifts according to the selected time frame => :timeshift transformation in the Data explorer 

Hope that clarifies what you can do. 

regards 

Featured Posts