cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard wildcard filtering

Larry_S
Helper

Hello,

in the Dynatrace dashboard Data explorer is there a way to add wildcard exception filtering? Example, filter to show me all of something except for the somethings with "test" in their names.

Thank you, in advance.

-Larry

7 REPLIES 7

Malaik
Champion

HI @Larry_S 

Not possible,

But by creating a calculated metric on that exception, you can build it.

You can add this condition in the conditions of the calculated metric.

Sharing Knowledge

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Another option is do create a tag that does not have "test" in it and use that tag in data explorer.

Dynatrace Certified Professional

I'm not sure that solution applies, but thanks.  We use Active Gate monitoring and I do not even see Settings -> Server side monitoring -> Calculated service metrics.  I'm thinking this is an Admin function, of which I am not.

zietho
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hey, 

have you tried code mode and the combination of the following transformations: 

* prefix (= starts with - e.g. prefix("My server") for My server 1, My server 2, My server 3.... 

* not (only available using the entity selector in the metric expression) or ne (not equals for exact matches)

zietho_0-1654688475451.png

more info on it here: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/api-metrics-v2-selector#conditions 

example: 

builtin:apps.web.actionCount.category:filter(and(in("dt.entity.application",entitySelector("type(application),not(entityName(~"HipsterShopLogs~"))"))))

regards

Larry_S
Helper

I read the documentation and I cannot figure out how to code the filter for the code:

ext:tech.IBMMQ_Java.Queue.Depth:filter(and(in("dt.entity.custom_device",entitySelector("type(custom_device),entityName.equals(~"IBM MQ - Non-Prod-QMGR - PADB2QA~")")),eq(Queue,"PSL.ASN.FROMMMP.Q"))):splitBy(Queue):max:auto:sort(value(max,descending)):limit(100)

I selected (in "Build") to select a specific "Queue" of "PSL.ASN.FROMMMP.Q".  That would be okay if my device only had that one "Queue", but, in this case, there are many and all of them start with "PSL". My goal is to select all "Queues" that begin with "PSL"

I figured it out!

ext:tech.IBMMQ_Java.Queue.Depth:filter(and(prefix(Queue,"PSL."),in("dt.entity.custom_device",entitySelector("type(custom_device),entityName.equals(~"IBM MQ - Non-Prod-QMGR - BTRNAQA~")")))):splitBy(Queue):max:auto:sort(value(max,descending)):limit(100)

Featured Posts