cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametres or menu display in the dashboard

matthias_dillie
Advisor

Hi all,

is it possible to use parameters e.g. for a host to display in dashboards? There should also be menus (dropdown, checkbox etc.) to select parameters. Is this possible?
I'm used to have this and a lot more features in splunk or grafana dashboards.

Regards, Matthias

6 REPLIES 6

check my comment pls. I hope it will help you. 

regards

Thomas

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

You can put host metrics directly on the dashboard as a tile. Can you please elaborate on your use case? 

-Chad

ct_27
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

The Dynatrace solution is absolutely in no way as refined and easy to use as Grafana and Splunk but recently they did add something (limited as it may be).

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/dashboards-and-charts/dashboards/dashboa... 

HigherEd

matthias_dillie
Advisor

Thanks, we already use this filters, but this is only a really small part of what I would like to use in dashboards.

One example:

We monitor a lot of metrics for all monitored hosts. I would like to implement a dashboard, where I can select a host or several hosts in a dropdown and than display some metrics in graphs and tables for the selected host. It should also be possible to use the selected values in graph (filters) or in markdown links, in headers etc. etc.

I see really many use cases to have more flexible and more generally usable dashboards. For now, the dashboards in dynatrace are still very limited to use and to configure.

zietho
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

The scenario with filtering on or multiple hosts should be possible with dynamic filters, as referenced above by @ct_27  using a "Custom dimension" that, when you pick "Host" in the settings menu, offers you a list of all your hosts in your environment.

Available since 1.240. 

Regarding the other mentioned topics, that would be a product idea. https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Community-user-guide/Product-Ideas/ba-p/159825 

regards

Thomas

Featured Posts