cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requests per second in the Data Explorer

Hi Dynatrace team,

I'm trying to migrate some of my dashboards over to the new Data Explorer view but by doing so, I loose the functionality to see requests per second. Is there a way to configure this? If not, can you please add this to your road map? Our performance testing revolves around the number of requests per second we're expecting. It's also used to decide how we should scale our application when larger sale days are coming up. 

request_count_old.png

request_count_new.png

Thank you,

Travis

Travis Ottelien
3 REPLIES 3

ryan_ott
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hello,

There is a way to configure this within the Data Explorer, using the 'Code' option. You are able to use the 'rate' expression to choose how the data is represented. More information on this can be found here: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/api-metrics-v2-selector#rate-transformation 

Additionally, you can use arithmetic with the metrics to manipulate the values. For instance, the lowest rate you can choose is Requests per Minute (using your example). We can then simply divide this metric by 60 to get our Requests per Second - as seen in the screenshot example below.

ryan_ott_0-1629830936010.png

This functionality is being built for the standard 'Build' option within the Data Explorer, but has no confirmed date of release yet.

Hope this helps.

-Ryan

ACE Consultant, Dynatrace Services
Dynatrace Certified Professional

Hi,

We'd really like to see this on the Build tab. Has this made it into the pipeline yet?

Thanks

Dan

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your response! This makes perfect sense. I apologize for missing this response until now.

Travis Ottelien

Featured Posts