cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring failure rates over a certain percentage

thafford
Frequent Guest

Hi,

I work in the Incident response team and I'm looking for a way to highlight open failure rate problems where the failure rate is over a certain percentage. Maybe 5%. I was looking at creating an indicator on our Monitoring dashboard.

Is this possible? It's not for 1 or a few particular services but across the board. I want to simply display how many open 'failure rate increase' problems we have where the failure rate is over a certain percent.

Appreciate any feedback

3 REPLIES 3

Selvam_Sekar
Guide

Hi,

You can use the failure rate metrics to achieve the same. And use the unit as percentage in the filter. 

Also, try different visualization such as graph, table and set threshold value limit as well.

Selvam_Sekar_0-1677145472786.png

thafford
Frequent Guest

Hi Selvam_Sekar, apologies but could you expand a little further. Is what you're suggesting done via a dashboard and if so what tile should i be using. Again I want an indicator to show me any problems where failure rate is above a certain threshold. Hopefully via a dashboard tile. I really appreciate any further advice on this.

michiel_otten
Mentor

Hi,

He is using the Data Explorer to get these metrics. From the data explorer you can use "Pin to Dashboard" to get it on a dashboard. Another option is to use the Dashboard Tiles (f.e. Graph or Table). While configuring this tile you can go to the Data Explorer and use all metrics available in Dynatrace.

Screenshot_20230225_100535.jpg

Screenshot_20230225_100510.jpg

If you want a list with requests that have a high failure rate you could use metric: Failure rate (any) and then work with the colors in the dashboard to give everything higher than 5% a red color in a Table tile:

Screenshot_20230225_100026~2.jpg

#Performance matter!

Featured Posts