It metric available on Detailed CPU consumption page

MAkimov_0-1618847101571.png

How I can add it to Custom chart ?

12 REPLIES 12

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @MAkimov 

You can filter the metric builtin:host.cpu.system with host you are looking for and then pin it to the dashboard 

Yosi_Neuman_1-1618848993510.png

HTH

Yos

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Hello @Yosi_Neuman 

I do not need host.cpu.system !

I need service CPU usage % 

Metric which you can see on my screen for Detailed CPU consumption

Fot example for easyTravell Customer frontend 

MAkimov_0-1618899841595.png

Hi @MAkimov 
You can use one of these?

andre_vdveen_0-1618905798981.png

Hello @andre_vdveen 

It is CPU time. We understand it metric 

But we want have metric service CPU usage % on dashboard  

see my screen 

MAkimov_0-1618907119650.png

Not sure if it helps, but your screenshot has Processes CPU Consumption, not Services. 

Processes CPU consumption (and other metrics per Process) can be found under Technologies > Generic > CPU (or just put builtin:tech.generic.cpu.usage im Metric field)  

The Screen shot that was provided does indeed show the services. The view point is looking at a specific process, and the services running on that process. If the User were to click on 'easytravel customer frontend' that would transport them to the selected service. 

-Chad

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@MAkimov There isn't a way to target the CPU consumption of a Service as a dashboard Tile/Chart. You can tile/Chart the next level down which would be done by marking things as Key Requests. Keep in mind, marking key requests are always forward facing. 

I would recommend putting in a RFE as the functionality that you are looking for does not exist in the product as of today from a dashboard view point. 

As a work around, you can use a mark down tile and drop a link to the page that you want to access. But even then it wont show you values on the dashboard, rather just quick and easy access to the page. 

-Chad

@MAkimov @ChadTurner  As mentioned above is the feature of detecting "CPU consumption of a Service as a dashboard Tile/Chart" added ?

Please let me know if there is a way of doing this.

Hi @@lex-mascarenha,

Maybe you can try this metric expression. Maybe it is a completly worng way of thinking. Try it.

(builtin:tech.generic.cpu.usage:filter(and(or(in("dt.entity.process_group_instance",entitySelector("type(process_group_instance),entityName.equals(~"YOUR PG INSTANCE NAME~")"))))):splitBy():avg)

*(100*(builtin:service.cpu.time:filter(and(or(in("dt.entity.service",entitySelector("type(service),entityName.contains(~"YOUR SERVICE NAME~")"))))):splitBy():avg)

/builtin:tech.generic.cpu.groupTotalTime:filter(and(or(in("dt.entity.process_group",entitySelector("type(process_group),entityName.equals(~"YOUR PG NAME~")"))))):splitBy():avg)

/100

Last column is the above mentioned metric expression:

3rd column came from the first two with a % calculation, then I counted the 10,2% of the 21,59% which is the fifth column.

Mizs_0-1678309053293.png

The above calculated process CPU detailed breakdown with the test service below. I know that 2,68 % is not 2,2% but it is quite close. I have tested it with randomly and the results are really quite close the CPU detailed breakdown values:

Mizs_1-1678309330211.png

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

Hi @Mizső 

Also thought about utilizing builtin:tech.generic.cpu.usage metric but @MAkimov asked to see the CPU% per service while this metric is showing the process CPU% and one process can run more then one service hence IMO its good answer but not for @MAkimov request 🤔.  

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Hi @Yosi_Neuman,

I felt that my solution maybe not correct.  I guess the checked services's CPU consumtion on my side in the CPU profiling were accidentally close to my calclulation.

Thanks for the correction.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

urs_fischer
Helper

@MAkimov did you open a RFE? i have the same "Problem" here. Regards, Urs

Featured Posts