cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQ dashboard tile suggestion for channel status while using ActiveGate

Larry_S
Helper

Hello,

please excuse me, if this has been previously asked, but I could not find any questions regarding the use of the appropriate dashboard tile to show MQ channel status.

The "table" tile seems the closest but the output really does not indicate any status.

See screenshots of how I got to this.  I'm not understanding the value returned under "Channel Status"

Larry_S_0-1647610347076.png

Larry_S_1-1647610402865.png

Thank you, for your consideration.

-Larry

4 REPLIES 4

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @Larry_S , good day.

This metric provides you a simple 1/0 value status, where 1 is Status OK, and 0 is Status NOK.

My suggestion is to you change the Data Aggregation from Sum to Max, and use the honeycomb Visualization with the thresholds set to show 1 as green and 0 as red.

Captura de Tela 2022-03-18 às 10.46.41.png

Let me know if this helps.

Regards.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Larry_S
Helper

Ok.  At this moment, I do not have the "Honeycomb" Visualization available to me.  But I set the other to this and it shows all green

Larry_S_1-1647612777619.png

The problem is, one of the channels is Stopped and red, in this condition

Larry_S_0-1647612737538.png

Should not this one be red?

Larry_S_2-1647612871705.png

aappiah
Contributor

I also was not able to get the status value to appear as 1 or 0. To my knowledge, the honeycomb tile is available in cluster version 1.236. In the meantime, you might be able to get away with something like this until then.

aappiah_0-1647616322469.png

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Right, I have just notice that this status has also a some others dimensions to check, such as bucket as running, inactive, stopped. so you may consider these conditions on the query.
Also, the 1/0 status I have mention can not be used since just now I figured out that the 0 value is never sent, the value is always 1, when the bucket change its status from running to stopped for example, it just leave the value for running as nothing and the stopped get the value as 1.

Captura de Tela 2022-03-18 às 12.15.47.png

So you may set the filters based on what you need to get the status from, or split by bucket to get the amount of data for each status you had on the last X minutes (based on the timeframe you selected).
I don't think this metric is a good choice to use when you need a single "lastreal" value...

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Featured Posts