cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map geographic location (country) extracted from session\action attribute to default Dynatrace location

gofman_anatoly
Contributor

Hello

Most of our users work through the Citrix desktop and I am unable to discover the IP of their workstation for location mapping. In most cases I get location (country / region name) as a JavaScript variable from user session and create location as activation / action property.

This is very useful for different dashboards by country, but I still can not use a world map and default devices to better illustrate and facilitate the work of Dynatrace non technical users.

If the way to map a geographic location (country) extracted from the activation / operation is related to the default Dynatrace location?

Best Regards

Tolik.

2 REPLIES 2

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Based on your comments, you're losing info by using Citrix.  I would recommend that developers adds the use of Geo data in the app itself. For example you can use https://ipinfo.io/

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

gofman_anatoly
Contributor

Hi @DanielS 

All applications are running over Citrix, but Citrix IP don't help me because it's internal IP addresses and from applications i can't get access to users workstations.

Best Regards

Tolik.

Featured Posts