cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save a Dashboards associated to a Management Zone

ajdimanuel
Inactive

Hi,

I have created a Dashboard for an specific application (Alfresco). The thing is that it makes sense when it represents info from Alfresco Management Zone. The problem is that the Management Zone is not saved with the Dashboard and when I access and the Mngmt Zone filter is not applied, data represented does not make sense.

I need to make that DB public but I don't want to explain user by user that they have to apply Mngmt zone filter.

Any Idea?

Thanks in Advance.

Alberto.

8 REPLIES 8

thorsten_roth
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi, go to edit mode and select a default managenemt zone. with that, it should be persisted. same is true for the time-frame.

ajdimanuel
Inactive

Hi,

it is not persisted. let me show you. I have edited and saved with Mngmt Zone associated:

Then I log out from Dynatrace and log in again. Then I go Dashboards:

Now when I open my Dashboard "Alfresco", the Management Zone filter is missing and data from Dashboards does not represent data from Alfresco Application but the whole services..

Alberto.

Can you check what version you're on - this was added in 1.153: https://www.dynatrace.com/news/blog/organize-your-dashboards-more-effectively/

waikeat_chan
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Same thing happened to me as well, mngmt zone doesn't persist.

I am on version 1.154

ajdimanuel
Inactive

Hi,

current OneAgent Version is 1.153 and Management Zone is not correctly persisted to the Dashboards.

Alberto.

joshua_dtrace
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

The solution for me on Dynatrace SaaS 1.155 is to:

1. Have no Management Zone selected on the Dashboard while only viewing the Dashboard.
  2. Edit the Dashboard.
  3. Apply a Management Zone filter while Editing the Dashboard.
  4. Save the Dashboard.

If I had a Management Zone selected at all before hitting the Edit button I ran into the issue where it wouldn't save. Following the above method got it to work for me.

Kind regards,
Joshua P.

ajdimanuel
Inactive

Great Joshua, it worked!

Thanks.

Alberto.

Great to hear! Glad to have been able to help!!

Kind regards,
Joshua P.

Featured Posts