cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Request tile values

krokkas
Helper

What time frame do the Requests, Failure Rate, and Response Time metrics in a Service Request dashboard tile represent?

Is it only the graphing aspect of the Service Request tile that is impacted by altering the time frame?

Is there a way display the median values of Request/Response/Failure metrics over the selected timeframe?

5 REPLIES 5

david_n
Inactive

Hello Kyle,

The time frame for the tiles within a dashboard will match the time frame that you have set at the top right of the dashboard. If you would like to change it or see all the options available for the time frame, you can click on the display and more time frames will appear in a dropdown.

Both the graph and the numbers are affected when you change the time frame, they might average out to be the same as a previous time frame even though the chart seems different.

I do know that if you click on the service tile it will open more details and show you the median response times and you can change this to the slowest 5% or 10%. Other than the response times, I don't think you can change that for failures.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

krokkas
Helper

Hi @David N. Thank you for the response, but I disagree. The graphs change but the numbers do not. Perhaps this is a bug. Irrespective of the timeframe I look at, the numbers always reflect what is going on now, not a median value for the timeframe. I am specifically referring to the Service tiles, I've not looked at other tier tiles. It would be good if there was some dashboard tile documentation around which was specific about what was shown in a tile and to what level of aggregation.

david_n
Inactive

Hello Kyle,

I have attached some screenshots, let me know if what I have matches with what you are seeing.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

cusersndavidxdpicturesscreenshotseasytravel-home-d.png

cusersndavidxdpicturesscreenshotseasytravel-home-d.png

krokkas
Helper
service-tile-example-24-hours.jpg

Hi @David N. No, screen shots attached, and if you look at the graph you can see that the Requests/minute for the 24 hours cannot be the number it is providing. service-tile-example-2-hours.jpg

david_n
Inactive

Hello Kyle,

I created similar charts to the ones that you shared and the numbers are updating along with the chart. Like I mentioned in my first post, it could be that the averages for the day and for the last two hours are the same as traffic changes over each period. If you are still concerned that your numbers are not changing, then I would suggest that you open a support ticket.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

2017-08-14-12-56-03-dynatrace-easytravel-demo-scr1.png

2017-08-14-12-55-40-dynatrace-easytravel-demo-scr2.png