cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will new Data Explorer charts be mandatory in Dynatrace SaaS?

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi,

I have been looking around to find out when the new Data Explorer charts will be mandatory in Dynatrace SaaS.  Where can I get this information please.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/dashboards-and-charts/explorer/

Dynatrace Certified Professional
7 REPLIES 7

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

The Data Explorer is still an early adopter. I cannot tell you if the "old" custom chart will be removed, but certainly, in a not so distant future, the data explorer will likely become the default.

Data Explorer is more powerful, but there are still features available in the old custom chart that the Explorer does not have yet.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

@AntonioSousa  now we can do a countdown and bet when Data Explorer becomes obsolete in favour of the new Grail dashboarding functionality :dynaspin:.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

zietho
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

To provide our final answer to this: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/dashboards-upgrade 

This means since 1.266 we already removed Custom charts to be available in the Data explorer, actively preventing you to create new ones. 

We are currently in a grace period where the Code still exists but we are already discussing when to finally rip it out.

I will update the docs and here once this happens.

regards

@zietho,

We are still missing the SVG export feature in Custom Charts. This is a very important one for us...

Antonio Sousa

zietho
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

To be transparent, this isn't planned and won't make it in anymore. 

This is not good, not good at all...

I hope Custom Charts are not deprecated anytime soon...

Antonio Sousa

Featured Posts