cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"My Web Application" removal from dashboard

echwallah
Advisor

I am creating a dashboard for a client and among the tiles of Interest are their Web Applications metrics including Apdex, and user actions over time among others.

The issue is this, the default Placeholder "My Web Application" also appears as a list of web applications yet it is just a placeholder. This placeholder on a dashboard is meaningless and does not provide any useful information to the client. Can anyone describe how to remove this?

Is Dynatrace considering removing it as part of listed applications for Dashboarding purposes and just keeping it as a back-office item as a placeholder?

Dynatrace Certified Associate
5 REPLIES 5

DanielS
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello @echwallah you can disable it.

DanielS_0-1684511240699.png

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

@DanielS please describe how I can disable it.

Do you mean that I go into the settings of My Web Application and turn off Monitoring?

Wouldnt this then affect other domains later that will be captured by the default catch-all and therefore eventually I will miss out on subsequent web applications?

Secondly is there a roadmap for Dynatrace to simply just set this placeholder to not be available during dashboarding? I think the simpler the better. Management zones, turning off settings in my opinion is just putting a lot of effort to a simple thing that DT can set up to just switch off.

Do you mean that I go into the settings of My Web Application and turn off Monitoring?

yes, like the image attached in previous post

Wouldnt this then affect other domains later that will be captured by the default catch-all and therefore eventually I will miss out on subsequent web applications?

If you use it, yes, but in my case when a team wants a web application to be monitored, I always add a rule. I'd rather have a formal request and know the owners of that app to avoid adding DEM consuming apps that no one sees.

DanielS_1-1684513057069.png

Secondly is there a roadmap for Dynatrace to simply just set this placeholder to not be available during dashboarding? I think the simpler the better. Management zones, turning off settings in my opinion is just putting a lot of effort to a simple thing that DT can set up to just switch off.

don't know about this. May be a DT team member could add info about this. May be you can post an idea for that.

Thanks a bunch @DanielS This definitely will help 

DanielS
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Or create an MZ and not include this one on the MZ.

Featured Posts