cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No data for the selected timeframe of..." Custom Chart with Calculated Service Metric

jeff_tucker
Guide

I am having trouble getting data from a calculated service metric to display in a custom chart.  Here's what I did:

1 - Generated load against my application

2 - Navigated to the Host in the dynatrace UI

3 - Selected the Web Request Service

4 - Clicked "View dynamic requests"

5 - Clicked "Create analysis view"

6 - Configured the metric (CPU time, Average, added a Split based on HTTP request headers)

7 - When I click out of the split form field the page refreshes and I see changes to the chart (now includes lines on the chart) and I see a table of Dimensions below.

8 - Clicked "Create metric", entered a "Metric name" and clicked "Create metric"

9 - Clicked "Create custom chart".

Custom chart appears but there is no data and the message says "No data for the selected timeframe of ..."  although there is definitely data there.  I tried expanding the timeframe out 7 days and still no data.

The chart shows that the metric I created is there, however there is no data showing.

Any ideas?

JT

2 REPLIES 2

ChadTurner
Leader

does it work without including step 8? If not, then you might want to open a support ticket for this. Are you on the most recent cluster version? 

-Chad

josef_schiessl
Dynatracer
Dynatracer

Calculated service metrics are not written retroactively. You may have to wait a few minutes until data shows up.