cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timeseries result by tag

Stephen1_Lee
Guide

Hi.

Using DQL how to retrieve timeseries cpu for hosts by tag and then get the max of those hosts.

My syntax isn't correct.

timeseries memory=avg(dt.host.cpu.usage),by:{dt.entity.host}, interval:1h
| lookup [fetch dt.entity.host fieldsAdd tags,
],sourceField:dt.entity.host, lookupField:id
| filter matchesValue(tags,"TG.ProcessGroup.DetectedName:Oracle Listeners")
| summarize MaxMem = avg(arrayMax(memory))

I'd like to use the final result as an objective in the site reliability guardian.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Try this:

timeseries memory=avg(dt.host.cpu.usage),by:{dt.entity.host}, interval:1h
| lookup [fetch dt.entity.host
| fieldsAdd tags],lookupField:id , sourceField:dt.entity.host
| filter matchesValue(lookup.tags,"TG.ProcessGroup.DetectedName:Oracle Listeners")

and let us know

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Hi

I got this error.  Note: when I query the dt.entity.hosts alone with the tag value it gives me back 61 records so I assume I have 61 hosts with this tag value.

{
"error": {
"message": "LOOKUP_TABLE_SIZE",
"details": {
"exceptionType": "DQL-EXEC-EXECUTION",
"errorType": "LOOKUP_TABLE_SIZE",
"errorMessage": "The lookup command's subquery read too much data. Please continue to filter the lookup table or narrow the query time range.",
"arguments": [],
"queryString": "timeseries memory=avg(dt.host.cpu.usage),by:{dt.entity.host}, interval:1h\n| lookup [fetch dt.entity.host\n| fieldsAdd tags],lookupField:id , sourceField:dt.entity.host\n| filter matchesValue(lookup.tags,\"TG.App.DynamicAppName:app_pddf\")\n| summarize MaxMem = avg(arrayMax(memory))",
"errorMessageFormatSpecifierTypes": [
"GENERAL_MESSAGE"
],
"errorMessageFormat": "The lookup command's subquery read too much data. Please continue to filter the lookup table or narrow the query time range."
},
"code": 500
}
}

Hi @Stephen1_Lee,

to avoid The lookup command's subquery read too much data. Please continue to filter the lookup table or narrow the query time range, you can do following:

• move the filter for tags into the lookup query and in the main query, filter for hosts matching the lookup query (filter isNotNull(lookup.id))
  • remove the fieldsAdd tags, since you dont need the tags as a result, only for filtering
timeseries memory = avg(dt.host.cpu.usage), by:{dt.entity.host}, interval:1h
| lookup [
fetch dt.entity.host
| filter matchesValue(tags, "TG.ProcessGroup.DetectedName:Oracle Listeners")
], lookupField:id, sourceField:dt.entity.host
| filter isNotNull(lookup.id)

Please give it a try and let me know if this query works!

Hi

Yes this worked.  Thank you very much.

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Try to add another filter to the lookup and see if the data is present... if is there a real limit, let's wait for someone from Dynatrace to explain what it is, since I seen nothing in docs.

edit, only limit I am seeing is this:

• the time interval would have exceeded the limit of elements per series (10,080).

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Featured Posts