cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does High Bounce rate suggests some issue in the application ?

Gogi
Frequent Guest

Hi,

In one of our application Iam seesing high bounce rate, does it means there is something issue in the application performance ? please suggest.

I read from docs that high bounce rate occurs when there are user sessions with only one user action, user just hits the first url and closes the application or leave the browser opened and session gets timed out.

Gogi_0-1655093985230.png

3 REPLIES 3

lplichart
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

A high bounce rate doesn't necessarily mean  that you have an application performance issue, it just means that users are coming to your application, but not taking any further action.  Reasons for that can be various other than performance.  Not sure what the web app's purpose is, but it is probably worth trying to find out why your users are leaving your site immediately.

Gogi
Frequent Guest

Thanks Iplichart for the reply, I will further check it.

andre_vdveen
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @Gogi, I noticed that the monitored application is 'Citrix StoreFront' - from Citrix's website:

Citrix StoreFront is an enterprise app store for users that aggregates and presents virtual app and desktop resources from on-premises and hybrid deployments—delivering a near-native user experience across Citrix Workspace app (formerly Citrix Receiver) on any platform.

I assume users go to the StoreFront, perhaps to download an app or desktop resource but don't see what they want or they get busy with something else and never take further action - that could cause your high bounce rate but as @lplichart said, there could be numerous reasons. 

Dynatrace Certificated Professional - Mediro ICT, South Africa