cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to extract the list of Technologies used in my environment and its versions

EugeneJacob
Observer

I wanted to find the list of Technologies used in my Environment and its versions. I have managed to extract the Technologies list through "OneAgent - Environment-wide configuration" API, however i am not able to find the different versions of these Technologies used in my environment. Have someone came across such a scenario and identified a way?

6 REPLIES 6

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @EugeneJacob 

You should utilize /api/v2/entities with PROCESS_GROUP_INSTANCE-ID and look at softwareTechnologies

Yosi_Neuman_1-1678361538255.png

HTH

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Hi @Yosi_Neuman,

Thanks for the quick response. Above procedure lists only the Technologies and versions that are specific to a particular Process Group. However i am looking for an option to list down all the Technologies and its version in my entire environment.

Regards,

Eugene Jacob

Hi @EugeneJacob 

You will need to create a small automation code that will first collect all the process group instance id with  /api/v2/entities?entitySelector=type%28%22PROCESS_GROUP_INSTANCE%22%29 and for each instance you will retrieve the information you need with the /api/v2/entities/PROCESS_GROUP_INSTANCE-ID

Yosi_Neuman_0-1678374870363.png

HTH

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Thanks @Yosi_Neuman 

Is this something that could be done through DQL or JSON?

Hi @EugeneJacob 

Python is my first choice for those kind of automation codes.

Check out Dynatrace Python API Client 

HTH

Yos 

Hi @Yosi_Neuman,

Thanks a lot for your ideas and time. 

Regards,

Eugene Jacob J

Featured Posts