cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to pass all parameters during installation, when using Azure Extension

waikeat_chan
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Based on what I read from the documentation, currently this is my understanding:

Flags that can be pass during installation (Azure tech).png

Is these correct? If yes, I am wondering those that marked with "No", is it not doable at all? or just that we can't use Azure Extension by Azure Portal (but instead, have to use non-UI way like Azure-CLI, PowerShell or ARM Template)

Best Regards,

Wai Keat

4 REPLIES 4

Michal_Gebacki
Community Team
Community Team

Hello Community, do you have some thoughts on Wai Keat's thread? Would be awesome to find some solution, cheers!

asahoo1
Organizer

Is there any update? I am looking to instrument network zone on Azure App Services.

We've had a deployment in the last days considering this in Azure App Services. If you want to configure a network zone in Azure App Services, it is only available at the moment through ARM templates.

Antonio Sousa

PedroDeodato
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

This is a great topic!

Recently, we actually ran into the impossibility of several of this configurations, when handling the installation process with a Client.

We investigated the topics a lot, and we even checked with the Chat, in order to make sure that we were not missing something.

As @AntonioSousa mentioned, Network Zones are only possible using ARM templates, which is undesirable in most cases.

I posted a Product Idea, suggesting that improvement:

https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Dynatrace-product-ideas/Define-Network-Zone-in-Azure-App-Service-...

Regarding Host Groups, currently it is not possible to defined one for an Azure Web App, at all.

I also posted a Product Idea for it:

https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Dynatrace-product-ideas/Define-Host-Group-in-Azure-App-Service/id...

Best regards, Pedro Deodato

Featured Posts