cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace V2 API - Is it Possible to Get a List of Only Collected Metrics Available?

louis_gallo
Helper

Is it Possible to Get a List of Only Collected Metrics Available?

Thanks,

Lou

4 REPLIES 4

My apologies, I worded my question incorrectly. Is there a way to see which of those metrics is actually turned on? I have the list of metrics, but when I collect some, no data is returned. For example, if I try to collect 'builtin:host.disk.(readTime)', I get no data back, so I assume its not enabled.

Radu
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Disk read time is one of those metrics that should be collected by default for any Host. It shouldn't need any special setup. Maybe you get no data because some other parts of the API call. Could you share the API request you are making?

Hi,
have you considered using the metric browser with the filter option for "metric last reported":

robert_schausbe_0-1618822575972.png

This option is also available via API and the WrittenSince Parameter:
https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/api-metrics-v2-get-all#parameters

Both will give you a list of metrics, that are actively reported after the provided timestamp. 

Radu
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Lou,

This is not possible. The Metrics Query API will return a response for any query, even those metrics that (for one reason or another) don't have any results.

Best regards,

Radu

Featured Posts