cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host details not showing in Managed Offline cluster.

Mudasar
Participant

Hi Team,

We have a client with Managed offline Environment with cluster 1.232 v.

They are unable to find out the host license consumption from API v2. Due to which Client team is unable to get the accurate host license count from JSON file under API v2. 

Regards,

Mudasar

7 REPLIES 7

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @Mudasar 

What issues exactly are they getting?

Regards,

Babar

Mudasar
Participant

Hi Babar,

Thank you for response.

As per DT support team update, we have tried to generate the JSON file from API V2 to find the License consumption count details and we found that in JSON file host name column is empty, it is not showing any host details. Later DT support team asked to check with Chat Support team. So checked with Chat support team, they have updated to check from the Deployment status of individual host, since client has more than 2000 hosts so its difficult and not possible to check individual host.  Post that chat support team confirmed that, this feature is not supported so raise a RFA ticket.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/setup-and-configuration/dynatrace-managed/operation/managed-l...

Kindly let me know if you have any query on this.

Regards,

Mudasar

Hello @Mudasar 

Thank you for sharing the details. Earlier I thought they are totally unable to download the JSON file.

I will second @Radoslaw_Szulgo that they can have/use the following information from the same JSON file to match the monitored hosts.

"hostUsages":[{"osiId":22451043xxxxxxxxxxx,"hostName":null,

Regards,

Babar

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

As per doc you should find Host details usages under `HostUsage` field. I there's no entries there, the most probable reason is the timeframe you have selected. Are you sure at this point in time there were hosts running? 

I'm not sure what's not supported here. Can you also share a ticker number so I can verify?

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Mudasar
Participant

Hi Radoslaw,

Client team is having concern with API v2 where team is trying to pull the license consumption host details. There by default it will be for last 30 days mentioned.

Please refer the shared link from chat support team confirmed that, the API does not retrieve host name data as stated in Dynatrace documentation.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/setup-and-configuration/dynatrace-managed/operation/managed-l...

As per request please find the ticket no #29444.

Regards,

Mudasar

Hostname - no. but OSID. With this you can match with what you get from Monitored Entities REST API -> e.g. "HOST-06F288EE2A930951"

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Mudasar
Participant

Hi Radoslaw,

Thank you for response. Since client has more than 2000 hosts so its difficult to check individual host with OSID. so that's the reason client team looking for host details from API v2.

Regards,

Mudasar

Featured Posts