cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we mute request over all services with set object ?

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi guys,

Customer asks to mute a request on all the services.

We looked at /api/v2/settings/objects but found out that the scope is a mandatory filed with in the body of the post. 

What is the right way to add this muting to all existing services and also for future services?

Found year old product idea still in status new that might be the answer for this I think but I will be glad to read your inputs on this 

Thanks in advance

All the best and stay safe

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel
5 REPLIES 5

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

I believe the scope should be environment for environment wide settings. I tried that,  unfortunately I'm getting 404 with

"No write access for scope class tenant"

I definitely have environment-wide permissions in this tenant and API token has the read/write settings permissions. 😐 Maybe the environment scope is not supported yet?

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Is there a way to set the scope to management zone some how?

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

I don't think so. The schema shows:

"allowedScopes": [
    "SERVICE"
  ]

So we have to stick with the service scope only and the environment scope does not apply.

Not sure what's behind your motivation for muting requests globally, but did you consider ignoring web requests also? For example excluding health check requests. This can be accomplished globally.

Hi @Julius_Loman 

My bad don't know why I was looking for this rest api and not directlly use Exclude specific incoming web request URLs

silly me 

Now its set 

Thanks for your input!

Yos 

You are welcome - just for the record - excluding the requests from being captured (applies for web URLs) also has a positive effect on the adaptive traffic management (more space for capturing meaningful requests) while muting those requests does not (requests are still captured).

Featured Posts