cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to find time taken by each method for a reactive REST request ?

vidhi_bhalodiya
Newcomer

I'm building a REST service that leverages Spring Boot and project reactor. To trace the hotspot for particular request I used PurePath option but it is not showing time taken by each method at each layer. Can anyone suggest how to find time taken by each method in reactive request? which option needs to use.

Using Dynatrace as SaaS Vesrion 1.195.115.20200616-204130

1 REPLY 1

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

If you had certain important methods that you wanted to track one option would be defining custom services for those methods. This would turn those method calls into their own standalone services which makes tracking them a bit easier but it also adds another step/service to your purepaths so you don't want to use them too much just for tracking method calls.

The other thing that I think would be more useful would be to use the method hotspots which can provide you with an idea of which methods are contributing the most to response times within that service. This is the only view/tool that can provide you something like the aggregate findings you would get if you manually analyzed each purepath.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/service-hotspots#code-level-visibility

Featured Posts