Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store custom problem notifications data in to sql server

Koteswar
Participant

Hi Team,

Greetings of the day.

I am new to dynatrace.My question is how to store custom problem notifications data in to
sql server database using Dynatrace API.I am unfamiliar with a best way to achieve this.
Please share any recommendations for how to achieve this.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @Koteswar

You should use the Probelm APIv2. You need an API token with probelm.read scope.

Collect the closed custom severity problem ids for the last day (-1d):

curl -X GET https://your_environment/api/v2/problems?from=-1d&problemSelector=severityLevel%28%22CUSTOM_ALERT%22%29%2Cstatus%28%22closed%22%29 -H "accept: application/json; charset=utf-8" -H "Authorization: Api-Token YOUR TOKEN

Use the collected problem ids (bold in the middle is an individual prolem id), then you will receive the details of this individual problem.

curl -X GET https:// your_environment/api/v2/problems/-7695485534087673753_1669185960000V2 -H "accept: application/json; charset=utf-8" -H "Authorization: Api-Token YOUR TOKEN"

I have already attached a sample response from an individual custom problem.

I hope it helps to start build your process.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

@MizsőThank you for quick response. Yes the above information is helpful but my specific requirement is automatically to save problem notification(log) data to sql server for further investigation. Please advise on this.

Thanks in advance!

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @Koteswar,

I think there is not other way to pull problem data from DT. You should build your auto process for this procedure.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

Hi @Mizső thank you for sharing the information.

Please advise on my second question, I have created alerting profile and linked with email alert notification. Test email is triggering and receiving email alert successfully but when the problem has notified in Dynatrace, email alert is not triggering.

Many Thanks.

Hi @Koteswar

For automate this procedure you can build ActiveGate extension

HTH

Yos

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Featured Posts