Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

APIs for Tenant?

krunal_dave1
Helper

Hi Folks,

I have implemented automation of Application on-boarding configuration using Jenkins Jobs, I'm using tenant API token in each Jenkins Jobs. before running this jobs I need to manually update tenant ID and API token for that specific tenant in each Jenkins jobs, which is very lengthy and time consuming process.

I have explored all the APIs which Dynatrace Managed currently offer and unfortunately I have not encountered any API which I can use to get tenant ID so I can auto update all individual jobs to use specific tenant ID.In addition, there is no API to even create API token for specific tenant which can be utilize to create token using Jenkins for the tenant.

please let me know if there is any document regarding this situation as I'm on situation where I have automated application on-boarding pre-configuration which actually "Partial" automation.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Krunal Dave

3 REPLIES 3

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi @Krunal D..

that's great to hear you build automation around Dynatrace! Great job!

1. For the Environment API - we will have a dedicated API to manage them. This should be available later this year/early next year. I'll try to check when Early Preview will be available.

2. The new API will enable you to create a new environment and in the response get the ID and a token that will allow you to automate further - create other token scopes within the environment.

Until that moment, I'm afraid you need to workaround that with Selenium, curl or other steps.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Thank you Radoslaw S.

Please keep me updated if you hear anything related to this topic.

Thank You

Krunal Dave

We have Early Preview already in the product. Contact with Dynatrace ONE team via chat or open a support case so we can assist to enable that for your cluster.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Featured Posts