cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

How many cluster nodes does Dynatrace Managed support?

owen_chen
Guide

I read the documentation and learned that Dynatrace recommends clustering with at least three nodes to avoid split-brain sync problems.

My question is: if I want to add more nodes, can I increase it to four or at least six?

Thanks in advance for your answer

Owen

6 REPLIES 6

sia_h
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Owen,

That is absolutely possible. Dynatrace Managed support installations of up to 30 cluster nodes.

Sia

Hi @sia_h 

So is it feasible for me to build 4 nodes?

Owen

Yes, it’s possible to have 4. However, 4 nodes give you just more processing power and storage. Starting from 5 nodes you increase availability as you can lose 2 nodes. 

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Hi Radoslaw,

If we had 9 nodes part of a cluster, would you only be able to lose 2 nodes or 3 nodes?

in a RACK aware setup you should be able to lose 3 or does this apply to 9 nodes standard configuration too? The documentation states a cluster of 5 or more nodes can only lose 2 nodes.

In one rack and one dc you can afford losing max 2 nodes regardless of the number of total nodes. 

when you run 3 racks then you can lose entire rack - no matter how many nodes are in a rack - so more than two. 

in 9 nodes setup I’d recommend 3 racks deployment with 3 nodes in each - if you can have a physical location distribution eg within 3 AWS availability zones in a region

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Thank you for the clarity 🙏👍

Featured Posts