Guide

Hello, we are getting such an error.

kadirhan_0-1657016815905.png

How can I resolve the situation. These processes need to be monitored

11 REPLIES 11

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @kadirhan , can you provide more context? What is the OSType and Version? What is the Process Technology and version?

I saw this happening in an AIX host, where the Global Settings for  AIX kernel extensions where disabled, and the host were using the Global Settings, and this was causing the deep monitoring to fail.

Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 17.43.08.png

Check if that's your case.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Hello ,
As you think AIX is getting error on the server . I checked if there is an unsupported technology, it is supported by dynatrace. We were intrigued by what you said about AIX.

kadirhan_0-1658385613795.png

The AIX kernel extensions option is currently turned off, we want to turn it on for the host. That's how we set it up on the host. Will this solve the problem?
I also selected the AIX kernel extensions option on the host. Now we have closed this and selected the Allow AIX kernel extensions option. Is the need for restart necessary for this situation?

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Is the monitored technology supported by Dynatrace or the extension being used? Was it working before?

This error will ideally come in unsupported technologies for deep monitoring .Technology support | Dynatrace Docs

KG

Hi,

I checked . seems to be supported

@kadirhan if it's AIX, also check if the AIX version is supported by Dynatrace. OneAgent will work on older AIX versions, but the Kernel extensions won't.

The reason why injection fails can be always found in the oneagent logs.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

I Agree with @Julius_Loman  had commented!

KG

richard_guerra
Advisor

We had this exact issue - was an older AIX Technology Level. If I recall correctly - TL5 is supported but not TL4

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/technology-support#unix

barryla
Helper

Hi Guys

I have the same issue as above:

OS: AIX, ver. 7.2 TL 4, SP 2 - According to Technology map it is supported.

The process in question is: Apache HTTP Server (9.0.5.7) - According to Technology map it is supported.

The Allow AIX Kernel extension has been enabled

Dynatrace Oneagent has been restarted

Apachectl restart was performed on the server.

Checked the log file and no errors reported for deep monitoring.

Any further advise would be appreciated

@barryla is it a WPAR or LPAR partition? WPARS are not supported and injection must be manual.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Hi @Julius_Loman , it is an LPAR.

In this case, I suggest opening a support ticket where you include all the details above. It might need some debug flags to be activated to find the exact cause of this issue.

Cheers!

Sorin Z

Featured Posts