cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Script for Validating Dynatrace Cluster node, Activegate Components before Dynatrace installation

echwallah
Advisor

I have faced scenarios whereby Dynatrace installation fails at some point during installation of maybe a Cluster node or even replicating a node from one to the other.

Has anyone been able to develop an automated script. It could be a shell script that can be run from a cluster node that requires replication from primary and it performs all the required hardware, software and inter-node connectivity checks and gives a report whether the node is candidate for installation or not. This includes also the connection to Mission control IP Addresses and domains.

The reason is that a script leaves no footprint like trying to set up some configuration or installing some files and then has to fail at some point having already saved some installation files. It leaves the node free

Dynatrace Certified Associate
1 REPLY 1

echwallah
Advisor

I tried the below for checking internode connectivity for port checks saved in the txt files for the servers to polll which could be the Primary node and the designated ports.

Coud someone help me improve and enhance this by adding commands to check for memory, disk and cpu parameters and possibly provide n output of whether they meet minimum requirements as an output.

My simple use case here is to validate whether a node is ready and a candidate for installing a new node for a multi-node setup.

I would like to package this into just one executable script that one can run probably providing arguments as whether its targeting micro, small or anything including maybe IP Address of primary node. See beow

# vi multiple_port_scan.sh

#!/bin/sh
for server in `more server-list.txt`
do
for port in `more port-list.txt`
do
#echo $server
nc -zvw3 $server $port
echo ""
done
done

Dynatrace Certified Associate