cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Impact showing two different Application users affected

rohit_sharma
Guide

When i check in few of the problems generated, I see business impact showing users of two different applications although each application is having different services not related to each other in any way. Not sure why this is happening. Could this be because of tagging or requests going to unmonitored hosts ..?

5 REPLIES 5

wolfgang_beer
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

During the problem analysis e are collecting the transactions that are going through the affected services. If we detect a RUM user tag on those transactions we collect that and follow the transaction to its entry point, which is a RUM monitored application. Of course a user journey can begin at more than one application at the same time with the same user tag, resulting in two applications shown in business impact section. Those application transactions must be related to your affected service as otherwise we would not have picked up the transaction as well as the user tag.

Thanks for the explanation, just wondering since we have separate rules for user tagging for both the applications and we are getting different user tags, still should we be getting both the applications under business impact ?

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

I'm having similar issue at one customer. Application screens are showing services not related with the application itself. See my further findings here: https://community.dynatrace.com/questions/215889/unrelated-services-assigned-to-a-user-action.html . I've a support ticket opened, but so far no resolution.
I could not reproduce the problem in other clusters (issue happens also in another environment of the same cluster, so it's not environment specific, but rather cluster specific).

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Thank you @Julius L., seems like a strange behaviour to me as well. I have followed your question, would be great if you could update once you have a resolution.

My situation was related to a correlation bug that will be fixed in Cluster version162.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts