cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calc Service Metric Consumed DDU directly?

waikeat_chan
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

From what I understand in documentation, it consume directly (instead of consume from the DDU...buffer that comes with Host-Unit)

But in multiple POC I've done, the CSM doesn't consume them.

This comes as a bit of surprise for me (a good surprise though!!), but I can't help but wondering is this expected? or something else is going on?

Best Regards,

Wai Keat

5 REPLIES 5

Mo_Azuz
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi Wai Keat,

Each Dynatrace environment gets 200,000 DDUs per year included for free. https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/monitoring-consumption/davis-data-units/#davis-data-units-fre....  In addition to that,  whenever you have oneagent installed, based on the host units that are allocated to that host based on its size, Dynatrace provides you with additional set of metrics you can use for that specific host. https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/monitoring-consumption/davis-data-units/metric-cost-calculati...

I hope this helps.

Moe

Thanks Moe for the links shared.

That's the thing, my observation is the 200k DDU isn't consumed at all by CSM.

Whereas say for example, monitoring of F5 Load Balancer, we did see that the F5 metrics ingested consuming 200k free-tier DDU as expected.

That's why I am confused CSM actually consumed the DDU directly? or consumed the DDU buffer comes with Host-Unit?

Documentation did explained the things well enough but my question is that in the real-world things doesn't work as expected in documentation stated.

thomasK
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Wai,

these metrics are still a billable item and customers need to take those into account when buying DDUs according to their needs (1 unit per data point, as described in docs).

Currently due to a technical issue these are not charged, but will soon. There will be some communication coming along with the changes as to avoid unwanted surprises.

Best regards,

Thomas

Thanks Thomas, clear explanation. Understood

Featured Posts