cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I disable Real-User-Monitoring even from the very beginning before OneAgent is deploy?

Right now, the way I usually do is:

1. OneAgent installed

2. Service Restart

3. Wait for application traffic goes into 'my web application'

4. After any request mapped to the newly created application, immediately go to the application setting and toggle the switch there to turn-it-off.

Is there any way I can disable it from the very beginning?

Best Regards,

Wai Keat

4 REPLIES 4

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

If you know the application URLs, you can create the application in Dynatrace before deployment (and setup appropriate web request rules) and turn RUM off on the newly created application. Or you can turn off RUM on the "My web application".

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

AlexanderSommer
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

As Julius has explained, for your use case it is better to turn real user monitoring on only for specific applications with their URL patterns and turn it of for the default web application "My web application"

Hm.....so the trick is I gotta know the URL or the domain pattern before I even let the application request tell me. (Because if I turn off the RUM for 'my web application', I would get the URL pattern either).

Thanks guys, guess I need to ask the developer or app team to let me know it before-hand.

You can disable the RUM for my web application and after agent gets installed and processes are restarted, just look at the requests to see the hostname or domain.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts