cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a list of Java runtime Library from Java Application Process in Dynatrace?

sumanpal01
Newcomer

Is it possible to get a list of Java Runtime libraries for a Java Application Process using Dynatrace? If yes, how to get it. 

5 REPLIES 5

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Yes, there is a way. You need to have the Java Component Reporting Feature enabled in Deep Monitoring settings -> New oneagent features (depends on your environment if it's enabled by default or not). Then you are able to query the libraries using the Monitoring Entities API. It's not visible in the UI (yet).

An example of Entity selector to query libraries loaded in the process group instance PROCESS_GROUP_INSTANCE-2497672A4E219C6B:

type(SOFTWARE_COMPONENT),fromRelationships.isSoftwareComponentOfPgi(type(PROCESS_GROUP_INSTANCE),entityId(PROCESS_GROUP_INSTANCE-2497672A4E219C6B))

You can query by other selectors such as entityName or add additional filters. I encourage to get familiar with the entity selector documentation .

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Thanks a lot. This really was a good one. Also, i have a similar question. Can i get a list of libraries included as part of package in a front-end application? 

@sumanpal01  you mean frontend libraries aka javascript libraries?

@Julius_Loman I mean frontend libraries.

No, I don't believe this is even technically possible. Frontend libs are typically compiled and minified. What you can achieve is to see the AJAX frameworks used by the application.

Featured Posts