cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I install a Oneagent on my Security gateway?

denis_vanrijke1
Inactive

Hello,

I have some other services running on a server onto which I installed the security gateway. Is it ok to install a one agent on the same machine?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

michael_kopp
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

yes it is ok.

I just tried, it seems to work. The only issue I currently see is that it reports being in a separate datacenter. This is probably due to the fact it also connects to the internet directly and the other machines don't.

Thanks for your feedback

steven_torres
Participant

@Michael K. Hello Michael what secure gateway do you use and monitor with the OneAgent? We currently use Symantec bluecoats and I wanted to know if it would be possible to install the OneAgent on those devices... If they would provide any insight on performance. Any advise?

Hi Steven,

this post is about the Dynatrace component formerly known as Security Gateway which is now called ActiveGate.

I'm not familiar with Symantec Bluecoat but it looks like these are appliances, correct? It is generally difficult to instrument appliances but if you have access to the machines' operating systems you can try to install OneAgent and evaluate if the resulting data is helpful.

best regards
Franz

Featured Posts