cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can management zones limit access to Dashboards?

jose_damian_rui
Organizer

Hello all

I'm wondering me... Can management zones limit access to Dashboards?

In affirmative case, how?

Many Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

No, you can use the dashboard permissions to limit who has access to dashboards, management zones are used to filter what data can show up on those dashboards. So if a user didn't have permission to see the services in a dashboard based on their management zones they would see an empty dashboard.

But the user would see a lot of (possibly irrelevant) dashboards in the overview page for classic Dashboards not knowing which dashboard he is supposed to see... It's too bad that there are no user group permissions for dashboards or dashboard groups that are tagged in a certain way...

jose_damian_rui
Organizer

Thank you James for your answer. Could be possible Dashboard not showed instead of an empty dashboard ( in the case user didn't have permission to see) ?

Not right now no. That would be a change to Dynatrace to do something like allow dashboards themselves to be added to management zones (maybe via the tags we can add to them now) rather than just the data/entities displayed on them.

I don't think I've seen this RFE/Idea before you can post that or whatever approach you think makes sense in the Ideas forum.

Featured Posts