cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can oneagent report on error url's (eg application is down page with and 200 OK)

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

I have an application with nicely gives a warning page if something is wrong. As an example when the database is full the application gives a nice error page with a 200 ok.

It would be nice if this was recognized by oneAgent

Henk

4 REPLIES 4

Philipp_Kastner
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Henk,

one possibility to catch this is to create a web check with content validation. If the error page shows up, the web check would fail and a problem is generated. You can find more details how to configure the content validation here: https://help.dynatrace.com/user-experience-monitor...

Kind regards, Philipp

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi Philipp,

Great tip thx, unfortunately in this situation we do not have internet access, so I think no web checks in this environment (yet)

KR Henk

fstekelenburg
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Private Synthetic would be the best option I guess. Webchecks from within your own perimeter.
(Writing) an extension might be another.

Actually I have a similar question, but then in regard to RUM.
According to this article pages with 200 ok and an application specific error message can not be captured within RUM
Can RUM JS capture or identify a custom error on a xhr request - Dynatrace Community

In another article there is talk of custom error/string detection captured from the users session via a string detection.
Solved: Form Validation Error Tracking - Dynatrace Community

Kind regards, Frans Stekelenburg                 Certified Dynatrace Associate | measure.works, Dynatrace Partner

Viachaslau
Advisor

We faced with the same problem.
Decided to go with custom action for error event + action property as error message (this is for RUM)

For server side if exception raised - you will able to filter 200OK by exception type (this is applicable for proxies and gateways that raised errors in body with 200OK response)

Featured Posts