cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can two tags have the same name?

Ale
Frequent Guest

I want to add a tag to two buttons of different flows but in the end the have the same functionality, can the be tagged in each flow with the same name? 

3 REPLIES 3

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Tag name Must be Unique but Values don't need to be. For Example, it you name a tag "Application" and give it value: EasyTravel, you can tag multiple entities with that tag, but you cannot create a new tag called "Application" again. You can however add additional rules that include other values such as "NotSoEasyTravel" for a Value of "Application"

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/tags-and-metadata/setup/how-to-define-ta... 

-Chad

Hello,

Ensuring tag "KV" uniqueness per entity would be a desirable feature. However, from my own experience - managed/offline cluster", there's no enforcement and nothing can stop me to duplicate tags with the same key and same or different values. I just posted a question a minute or so ago specifically about how to differentiate auto-applied vs custom tags precisely to avoid/delete duplicates.

Thanks

tibebe_m_digafe_0-1624734204154.png

If you hover over the tag, you will get a tool tip that says the origins of the tag, If it came from the Environment, Azure, was manually applied or automatically applied. 

-Chad

Featured Posts