cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Planning for databases

rawvi
Frequent Guest

I am just getting started with Dynatrace and I am wondering if Capacity Planning for databases and servers running those databases can be done using dynatrace. Does dynatrace come with preconfigured options for such or do we have to customize that facility mining the data it collects?

In the environment, we have Dynatrace one agent running on the database hosts and database insights enabled as well on the databases.

3 REPLIES 3

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @rawvi 

As you aware that the Dynatrace is not a capacity management tool, but you can have the trend of the load/performance on the databases, so you can easily correlate the resource utilization (CPU, Memory, etc.) with the average and maximum aggregation to plan your capacity accordingly.

Regards,

Babar

Regards,

Babar

Hi @Babar_Qayyum,

I have the same need as @rawvi but for kubernetes servers.  Understand on correlating the resource utilization and the transaction loads. Being a novice Dynatrace user, my question is there any how-to-guide, docs or instruction specifically for getting these data (resource utilization & transaction load)  from Dynatrace suitable for the purpose?

Regards,
Hendro

rawvi
Frequent Guest

Thank you that makes sense.

Featured Posts