cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the IP of an Active Gate

sigmund
Contributor

Following Scenario - in an ongoing deployment, we currently have only 1 Active Gate installed so far. This is a managed environment. There is the need to change the IP of that one AG.

1. I assume as long as no custom config in "dnsEntrypoint" then there will be no general issue with the IP change?
  2. Assuming connectivity to the Cluster from the AG after the IP change, it should update the config and send its new IP, correct?
  3. For the existing connected OneAgents, do i need to restart them for them to get the new IP of the AG via the Cluster? Or would they update automatically from the Cluster?

Cheers

Sigmund

7 REPLIES 7

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @Sigmund B.

In this situation you should open the port from new IP address to the Dynatrace Cluster and agents should be restart.

Regards,

Babar

Thanks Babar, yeah the connectivity is in place, but i was wondering if i really need to restart all oneagents since the connectivity is via FQDN and the FQDN will not change, only the IP will change, and this will just be updated in the DNS.

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Host name of AG will remain the same? If yes there should be no issue. In general agents are by default connecting using FQDN if there is such option. So after changing IP (if network connections are properly open) all should work as before.

Problems is with changing IP of Dynatrace Managed Cluster, because it is not supported.

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Thanks Sebastian, Yeah, no plan to change Cluster IP 🙂 - will just change the IP of AG, and see if the oneagents will really need a restart after that, i do not think so because we will just modify the DNS as well to reflect the new IP for the specific FQDN. Thanks again.

sigmund
Contributor

Just to update here, tested it in our Lab, and yes, had to restart the oneagents connected to that particular AG, after that, connected and no issues.

Hello @Sigmund B.

Thank you for the confirmation.

Regards,

Babar

g_dandrea
Visitor

Hello,

what happen instead if I have to change the FQDN of AG ?

I have to change the domain, mantaining the same IP.

Thanks,

Giuseppe

Featured Posts